Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Donut Bar

Hello All Knoties,
 My mother told me she saw the cutest idea for a donut bar as wedding favors in a Knot magazine. She said they found all kinds of old draws and lined them up on a table and filled them with donuts. I was wondering did anyone else see this? I can't seem to find i and would love to check it out! Thanks!

Re: Donut Bar

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What's a draw?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_donut-bar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:9bb101c9-7bf3-4d31-a251-f983ce840984Post:0f26e587-818e-49fe-a73d-f9495cc5566e">Re: Donut Bar</a>:
    [QUOTE]What's a draw?
    Posted by frogurt814[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure she meant "drawer"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm finding several references on it, but google-fu seemed to have the same problem. No pictures!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love donuts so it sounds like a fun idea to me!

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It was really cute, I was thinking you could use some kind of wood boxes maybe?  Where do you get drawers at?
  • Options
    Ashes_3Ashes_3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think this is a great idea!! It's unique and everyone likes donuts!
  • Options
    kjhildmankjhildman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it sounds like an awesome idea! We are having a candy buffet at the reception so that's very similar. My parents are doing having the gift opening the day after our wedding and we are doing this for the brunch.
  • Options
    mrstfuturemrstfuture member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having sliced fruit with melted chocolate (no fondue, it's overrated and overdone) and an ice cream, brownie, hot fudge bar served in martini glasses in addition to the cake.  No candy bars, cigar bars, snack bars for us!  Too much food already as it is.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards