Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Wedding Planners

need recs for wedding planners.  I know there are a lot of them out there but need someone professional, reliable, creative and budget conscience.  I live in Houston and will need to work with that person long distance and have to trust her judgment etc.  Anyone worked with Altar Ego?  What are some others?  The planning so far is at St Thomas Aquinas and reception at White Rock Lake with Professor D band.  We're looking at probably 175 - 200 guests.  That's all we've arranged so far.  I'm at that "now what" anxious point.  Also, if anyone is familiar with the area, any suggestions of hotels around I-75?  I've looked at The Palamar, which is totally awesome and totally out of budget.  Does anyone have thoughts or experience with Hyatt Summerfield, La Quinta, or Residence Inn to put out of town guests?  Any other suggestions?

Re: Wedding Planners

• Options
    JessAndColtonJessAndColton member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,I'm working with Altar Ego and also my wedding is going to be at White Rock Lake (Filter Building).  So far, working with Altar Ego has been great (but I'm only using them for day of services, no idea how full planning would work, I'm sure they're great at that too).You can negotiate with The Palomar on hotel rooms.  I really didn't want to stick my guests at the La Quinta, so we negotiated with The Palomar and they came down $50/night per room... our guests will actually only be paying $120/night for a room there, which I think is very reasonable.  The Hyatt Summerfield suites are also really nice, we just thought with the Palomar being so reasonable we'd go ahead and book all of our rooms there.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's a Doubletree near North Park at Caruth Haven.  Our guests got their rooms for $99.  They've re-done most of the rooms and it's really very nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got a great rate for our wedding night at the Oalomar online - around $120 I. We also spent Valentines there last year- it is fabulous! Maybe you can do two hotels, the Palomar and then something less expensive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards