Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

mexican food

I want to serve mexican food at my reception, but have no idea what to serve.  Any ideas?  I want to have something that will be easy to eat. 

Re: mexican food

• edited December 2011
    What do you mean easy to eat? Do you mean not messy? And do you mean actually Mexican or Tex-Mex?

I recommend checking Rick Bayless' cookbooks out of the library and taking a look (try) at the recipes of his that interest you.
  • phillychica85phillychica85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you want to serve it for just hor d'oeuvres at your cocktail hour or as actual dinner choices? Some easy to eat Mexican foods I feel (def. finger food)-tamales, empanadas, chiles rellenos, flautas, quesadillas.

I agree with Kaesha about deciding if you want Mexican or Tex-Mex as the two are quite varied. 

Good luck!
    My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shooters of tortilla soup, carnitas taquitos with fresh guac, roasted peppers with fresh avocado and wrapped in flour tortilla?

Ooh , and a tequila tasting bar?
  • Ashes_3Ashes_3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love quesadillas, chips and salsa *white cheese is very good*, fajitas, the FI likes enchilidas, chalupas! You could have fried ice cream for dessert!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow these are great suggestions!  thank you!  I was thinking of having somewhat family style for the dinner and I had not decided on the cocktail hour.  I am looking for something not messy...

thanks so much
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards