Virginia

Engagement Party Location Suggestion

My parents are throwing us an engagement party sometime this Spring and theya re looking for ideas.  30-50 people, we would like either a banquet room at a restaraunt, or something similar in a nice club.  We will have family from both sides and of all ages, so it needs to be somewhere that is classy and not just a dance club/bar.  Any ideas in the Newport news/Norfolk/Va beach area?  Thanks

Re: Engagement Party Location Suggestion

• edited December 2011
    In Va Beach, I would recommend Princess Anne Country Club or Waterman's Restaurant.  DH & I had ours at Doc Taylors at the oceanfront and, because they serve only breakfast and lunch, we had the whole place to ourselves.  It's a renovated house, so it's very cozy.  Their sister restaurant, Tautog's, catered the dinner and they provided a bartender.
  • PhotobellaPhotobella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's a great Italian restraunt in Va beach not far off the beach. La Bella Italia. They are on Laskin headed toward the ocean front. They do have a website & the restraunt is very cozy and nice.

I reccomend the canolis! LOL
  • tinktink198tinktink198 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well newport news has a moose lounge that nice recpetions are held at, williamsburg has a nice reception type room with the community center.
  • charrison81charrison81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gosport Tavern in Old Towne Portsmouth, va has loads of character and they have indoor and outdoor space or The Deck is on the water front in Portsmouth, a view of the Norfolk skyline and is really to lovely. They also have a good deal of space indoors and out.

hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards