Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Ceremony seating?

Ok so were having our wedding at FIs uncles house, he has a little bit of land, and its going to be kind of country-ish. I really wanted to use hay bales for the ceremony seating, but the cheapest I have found is like $6 each. I figure only 1 person can fit on one and there will be around 80 people there... so thats $480. So yeah Im thinking not... but, I cant think of anything else thats kind of country :( any ideas would be awesome. Thanks in advance ladies!
Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!

Re: Ceremony seating?

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm, I saw something similar on Whose Wedding Is It Anyway and I'm pretty sure each bale seated two people--don't know if that changes it for you or not.  I remember they covered them with quilts.
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If this helps you at all... 2 people can fit on a hay bale.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know if this helps any, but here is a link for a bride who used bales for her wedding and it sat two per bale.  She also posted some photos.

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/how-many-people-can-sit-on-a-straw-bale
  • edited December 2011
    thanks ladies! if I can find them cheaper then I will def be doing them. I might be crazy but $6 for straw seems kind of pricy to me??? lol
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to an outdoor wedding once where they used wood benches.... like a 3 foot cut tree trunk on each end with a plank running across it.

I can imagine that would be expensive to buy, but you might be able to find someone willing to sacrifice some trees and DIY them?   I don't know...
  • msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You could also look at some antique shops, Canton 1st Monday, etc for some rustic looking benches.  Or maybe Garden Ridge?
    Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Six dollars for 2 people to sit isn't too expensive if you consider the price of chair rentals... OUCH! 
    But I've been to a wedding with Hay bales with quilts over it and one with logs. Hay is much more comfy. I might recommend some chairs for grandparents. Its kind of hard to get up and down. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I saw some pictures of a wedding who used the white garden chairs and used hay decorations in her pompomders (sp?). She also wrapped them halfway using a red bandana which looked really cute. Not sure if that helps you but just an idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards