Ohio-Toledo
Options

Wedding Day Hair & Make-up

Does anyone have any feedback to share about Results or Shamas in Perrysburg for hair/make-up?  I am getting married this June in Perrysburg but this is my FI home town.  I still haven't booked a place for day of hair and make-up and had received suggestions from FI mother about these two places. I plan on doing a trial run but both places have a better package to book trial and day of together instead of separate.  Any advice would help.  Thanks

Re: Wedding Day Hair & Make-up

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been to Results for only a massage, I wasn't really impressed though.  Shamas really is the way to go between the two.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • Options
    hannabsonghannabsong member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had makeup done for an event at Shamas and she did a lovely job.  Looked great all night.
  • Options
    amjlamjl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At Shamas, I had my hair done for an updo for my friend's wedding and paid $50. The pins were falling out on the way to the church and my hair didn't stay up for the entire event because it wasn't secured right. I have naturally curly hair and went for an elegant slick updo. The stylist didn't even straighten the front of my hair. Instead she sprayed tons of hairspray in it and pulled real hard and smasked it to my head. Very strange, never had anyone do my hair this way before. My hair was a terrible mess by the end of the night. I do remember the bride's makeup being beautiful though.

I don't know if anyone in the bridal party was all that impressed with what they did for what we payed. They charged $50 to put the flower girl's naturally curly hair up in a pony tail holder and spray a little hair spray in it. Took them about 10 minutes.

I've only been to Results for a pedicure. I went before my brother's wedding. The pedicurist was so busy talking to her co-worker next to her that she sliced my toe open under my big toenail. She then got so involved in her conversation again that she rubbed sugar scrub into the cut. Not even a few bucks knocked off or an apology. She kind of just laughed it off. At least the polish job was nice and lasted a long time. I don't remember the person's name, but I won't go back. My toe was bright red and slightly bruised for a few days after.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards