Getting in Shape
Options

coming into focus...

So I started working out 3-4 times a week on Feb 1.  I've lost 8 pounds since; but that was with only working out - not changing my eating habits.  I've posted a few comments about eating less of what I like but still not going for healtier choices, or counting calories.  Well last week I finally would say I've gotten in focus. I NEED TO CHANGE!!!

Well I am starting weight watchers, so it can help me make better choices about my eating habits, as well as having accountability.  I still am working out 3-4 days a week (varies because of work schedule)  I am hoping to see more progress in the coming months or so.  I also told myself in the begining that I wanted to loose a set amount of weight before my wedding and I think that as long as I am looking better and more comfortable with my body it will all be worth it.

Re: coming into focus...

• Options
    Sounds like you are in the right mind set and doing things the healthy way. Good luck and congrats on the 8 pound loss and working out already! :)
  • Options
    You did great already losing 8 lbs with exercise alone! You will be absolutely SHOCKED to see what can happen when you adjust your eating. I'd say the best advice I have gotten is to just drink water. Lots of it. My FI used to be a personal trainer and he told me a lot of women eat emotionally or out of boredom. If you get feeling like you want to eat for no reason, drink a glass of ice water. It will fill up your tummy and help carry toxins out of your body. After just a week of doing this, you'll look slimmer and feel so awesome. Good luck!
    Christy Visit my wedding planning/DIY blog: http://joshandchristylovestory.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    thank you both very much...  and I will try to remember the suggestion about drinking ice water ( I would say I am one of those women that would eat just because I could)
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!  I've always worked out, but still managed to gain the weight.  I started WW December 29th and have lost 26 lbs in 3 1/2 months.  As the PP said, its amazing what a huge difference eating right can make.  I would recommend posting in the daily WW Accountability thread...it has been very helpful for me.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards