Getting in Shape

scales

What time of scale do you think is the most accurate? I have a digital scale at home that I'm not sure is correct. At the gym they have a regular scale that I use occassionally. I stepped on that and I was 5lbs lighter which was nice. The following day I went to the doctor's and was weighed there with that big scale. Well that said I was 5lbs heavier. I figured she didn't take off anything for clothes but she did.

Re: scales

• edited November 2009
    I'd go by the doctor's scale.  Those are usually the most accurate.  Unless you pay big bucks for a pretty high-tech scale, the at-home and gym scales that aren't like doctor's scales can get de-calibrated pretty quickly, especially if they're moved around a lot or used by a lot of people.

But regardless of what your ACTUAL weight is, you can track whether you're losing or gaining by just sticking to one scale.  If your home scale says x, and then the next day it says x - .2, it's safe to assume you've lost .2 pounds - even if you don't know your actual weight to an exact degree.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Closed on our house 4-15-11!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards