Getting in Shape
Options

**Everyone**

What is something, if anything, you'd like to be see added to this board? We have gotten a lot busier lately and I want to see if you guys would like to see anything new. Like, maybe weekly contests, or specific weekly or daily posts other than the ones we do regularly. Please let me know!

Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: **Everyone**

• Options
    I'd love to have a daily or weekly posts with recipes from people. I'm always looking for healthy recipes/modifications to recipes and that would help out a lot. 
  • Options
    I would honestly like to see more myths dispelled to help promote smart fitness and smart weight loss - this could be done with articals regularly being posted promoting this and a request for discussion. I also think product reviews (HRM, fitness attire, shoes, food products/protein, etc) would be good once in a while, it doesnt matter who it is from as long as it is informative for people who know less than others. I would personally like to see the board become less of "I need to drop a few pounds to fit in a pretty princess dress" and more "I want to become healthy and strong for my own well being", I know that probably wont happen but I feel like losing weight JUST for the dress is a recipe for disaster.
  • Options
    I second Nebb's idea of product reviews. 

I don't comment here a lot because I don't really go to a gym and I don't have a ton of weight to lose, so often I don't feel like I have anything to contribute even though I am trying to exercise more and be healthier.  But product reviews I would find interesting.  There have been quite a few questions in the past couple months about HRMs and the like, so I think it would go over well.
  • Options
    <div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_everyone-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:09ecff97-d2e7-450d-b560-c663ef447416Post:36454322-7199-4af0-84c1-82817bd8e95b">Re: **Everyone**</a>:</div>[QUOTE]I would honestly like to see more myths dispelled to help promote smart fitness and smart weight loss - this could be done with articals regularly being posted promoting this and a request for discussion. I also think product reviews (HRM, fitness attire, shoes, food products/protein, etc) would be good once in a while, it doesnt matter who it is from as long as it is informative for people who know less than others. I would personally like to see the board become less of "I need to drop a few pounds to fit in a pretty princess dress" and more "I want to become healthy and strong for my own well being", I know that probably wont happen but I feel like losing weight JUST for the dress is a recipe for disaster.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]<div><font class="Apple-style-span" color="#993366">
    </font></div><div><font class="Apple-style-span" color="#993366">Let's do this!  We can just post good stuff we come across while effing around on the net!</font>

</div>
  • Options
    We used to do a weekly recipe post and then it kind of went away. I can definitely bring that back. I'll do this on Wednesday's, and make them sticky for a few days.

Nebb, that sounds like a great idea. Maybe we can do something like "Myth Monday". If someone wants to find an article, and go off of that, or any other myth they come across or have questions about, they can talk about it in that posting. We can also do product review postings. That's a really good idea since there are a lot of posts about HRM, shoes, etc. I would like to space these out a little bit, as in have them on different days. Maybe product reviews can be on Tuesdays. That way we have a big subject every day. It will also give people time to buy and try these products out if they wish to do so.
  • Options
    The stars.... *sigh* I know they're probably still working on the bigger issues before they get to "individual requests" though. Those stars were just so encouraging!

Maybe like a Weigh-In Wednesday (to add to myth monday) to tell what you accomplished, how much weight you lost in the past week, etc.
  • Options
    From my expereince on other boards (like my club board) theme days usually don't last very long.  I think it would be better to takcle myths and such as they come along. 

Product reviews are a great idea, as are recipes.  I try to post ones that I come across that I think are awesome.  Maybe as we are looking through the accountability threads, if you see something that sounds tasty, ask for the recipe (and include "Recipe Request" in the page).

The stars.  I totally forgot about the stars. 
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We can post things of course whenever we come across them, but I think we can still do Myth Mondays, Weigh in Wednesdays, etc. Some of those need structure, but definitely post anything when you have a question, myth to debunk, reviews, etc. I just really want to see more of a variety of posts on here instead of like Nebb said, "HELP! I need to fit into my dress!!!!" etc...

I don't need to be the only one to post them either. If they aren't there yet for the day, by all means, anyone can start the thread.

• Options
    I think back in the summer when we tried to get stuff going, with recipe mondays and stuff posted at specific times it didnt work - someone would forget or something would happen and it wouldnt get done for a few days.

I think if things could be more informational and less structured like H&F on the nest, this board could be stellar. They have daily threads, but not a specific day of the week roster to follow.
  • Options
    However you guys would like to do it is fine. The point of this post was to get a variety of posting and new ones started. These all are great ideas, so please, feel free to start them whenever you'd like!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards