Getting in Shape
Options

Lean Cuisines and Smartones

For lunch everyday I pack a Lean Cuisine or Smartone. I try to bring fruits and veggies for snacks as well. I figure it is a way to help with portion control as well keep some variety so I don't get bored with my meals. But I do know that there are high sodium levels and preservatives.

Is it really that bad to have one Lean Cuisine/ Smartone everyday 5 times a week?

Re: Lean Cuisines and Smartones

• Options
    While its better than having fast food or Chinese take out everyday, there are much healthier options out there. 

Portion control is key, but you can perhaps buy a Bento box set if you are worried about portion size and fill it with fresh ingredients. If you don't have time to make a fresh lunch every morning, at least start by trying to have 2 lunches consisting of "whole foods" a week to start new habits. 

My go-to lunch? I buy a rotisserie chicken from Whole Foods and cut it up on Sundays. I buy tons of fresh veggies  and fruits and chop them up before they hit the fridge and separate into containers. Its now easy to make a salad throughout the week, lunch or dinner.  
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    You are probably maxing out your sodium intake everyday. You would REALLY be better off making your lunch from fresh food - even if its just leftovers you take with you.

If you cut down your sodium, you will notice a difference.
  • Options
    I will have them for dinner 1 or 2 times a week, but really trying to cut them out completely. I like to have them when I get home late from work & don't feel like cooking.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Most days of the week, I make enough dinner that I can have leftovers for lunch the next day. I often portion things out, put the leftovers away, and wash dishes before I let myself eat. It works for me! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    processed food that often, even "healthy" food that is portion controlled, isn't an ideal situation. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the input and tips ladies :)
  • Options
    I will use the Lean cuisines to have a slightly healthier pizza or their mac n cheese is quite good too. However, the sodium is sky high in most of them so I try to make food the night before and have it in containers in the fridge and then I only have to have to throw it in a bag in the morning.
  • Options
    high and sodium and fat. you definately shouldnt't have them 5 days a week. They also have a ton of Carbs. Not Good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards