Getting in Shape
Options

Tuesday New Members

Hi! I've been thinking of asking a Q here for a while, but figured I should introduce myself to the group first.  I'm a happy Minneapolitan bride-to-be trying to balance wedding planning, keeping my job, fitness goals, and "real life"... as I imagine you all are (except for the MSP part)!

Most recent accomplishment: I ran my first 10K on Saturday!
Biggest weakness: meal planning. I run late & throw a pizza in the oven.
Biggest challenge: devoting an 30-90min each day and not falling behind on other things. (but u have to devote time to training or you lose it!)
WR Fitness goal: Overall muscle tone. I look bony in some areas and saggy in others. I don't want anyone to look at me & call me skinny.
NWR goal: establish a healthy lifestyle that I feel good about carrying on!

What about you?  Smile
eight twenty-seven ten
reviews to come, i promise

Re: Tuesday New Members

• Options
    Hi - I'm a new member too (well, I float around to all the boards hehe)

I stated it in my other vent, but my quick story is, I graduated from college, lost 60lbs, kept it off for 2 years, have let wedding planning/other stressors get the best of me, and I'm 20lbs up from my lowest - desperately trying to get back! (but not desperate enough for stupid diets...I'm not that kind of person)

I am a Zumba instructor, and an overall fitness enthusiast.  Exercise is not my problem...I just like carbs.  A lot.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm also new around here and last year I was in the best shape of my life.  I'm a dance minor in college, but last quarter I had two surgeries and am now in the worst shape I've ever been in.  I really want my fiancé and I to get in shape together, but it's definitely been difficult.  I was hoping that maybe with this board I could get that little extra support from women as opposed to a man, who when he stopped pop for a week, lost about 10 pounds... I don't drink pop... Not fair.
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Welcome everyone!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm new!!  I'm a Michigan bride, really just looking to tone and get stronger... I can't even do a push-up!!  FI and I are planning on getting all the p90/insanity/etc videos, but right now we are just pushing each other with cardio and strength exercises. 

The truth is, I'm 23 and I haven't worn a bikini since I was about 14.  I've never been overweight, but I've never been comfortable with my body.  My goal is to feel confident in my skin and strut in a bikini on our honeymoon!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi :)  I'm new too!!  Right now I am pretty much in the worst shape of my life.  I still have a while before the wedding, but I would like to lose at least 20 pounds (I am about 25 pounds heavier than I was when FI and I started dating).  It's tough because I am extremely busy and don't always eat right.  

FI is in extremely good shape right now bc he is training to be a police officer... I definitely don't want to be seen in a bathing suit next to him right now!!  My goal is to be able to keep up with him when we're working out and to look as good at the beach as he does :)
  • Options
    KittE7KittE7 member
    First Comment
    nice to "meet" yall!
    it's nice if you can have some kind of exercise thing you like to do with FI...  If FI can offer encouragement & maybe also be a training buddy, I think it makes life better for both!
    Right now, we do vball on Thurs nights & try to walk around the lake (5k) once a week together.  Hard tho b/c I work at my second job on the weekends & he works his second job M-W evenings!
    eight twenty-seven ten
    reviews to come, i promise
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards