Getting in Shape
Options

Help! Please my dress does not fit.

I am freaking out. I am getting married Oct 3 and now my dress will not zip up. I knew I should not have bought my dress so early but I fell in love with it and paid a lot o fmoney for it. I need to lose a few inches from my torso in order for it to zip up. I start my fittings next week and will be completely embarassed if it will not zip up.  Please I need any advice.TIA

Re: Help! Please my dress does not fit.

• Options
    Don't freak out; it'll be ok. Do you workout? How much carbs do you eat? can you lessen the carbs a little - not too much if you workout because you need the good carbs. No soda, sugar, etc.
  • Options
    Deep breath! First of all there is still time for you to get some exercise done and to eat healthier. Second, what kind of a style of staying on track do you have now? Do you count calories or points, or do you need to start from scratch? Either way there is still time for some shaping up.
  • Options
    cardio cardio cardio, weights weights weights, track calories.........thats all i have for you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Agree with all PP, start tracking what you're eating, whether it's counting calories or Weight watchers, or just keeping a food diary.  Make sure you are balanced in nutrients, drink LOTS of water, and reduce sodium as well (frozen meals might be good to start reducing your intake but you should eventually eliminate them).  Relax, you've got lots of time but start making changes today and stick to it.  Start with taking measurements or pictures in a swimsuit or something.  Do something so you can see results, they help motivation a LOT, especially if the scale is not being friendly!
  • Options
    This happened to me, too, but you have plenty of time. Put "GYM" on your calendar 4 days a week and don't cancel it. Drag a friend with you and do an hour on the elliptical. Do some strength training, too. Eat more vegetables instead of processed starches, and you'll start to see a change.
  • Options
    I know it is because my stress level is so high. I work full time and go to school three nights a week and my weekends are packed with family parties. So I have no real routine and my food choices could be better.  Starting today I need to give up on some of my household duties and start hitting the gym and track all of my food intake. Thank you so much for all of your advice. I just wish I did not wait so long to start.
  • Options
    I personally find the shred to be the best workout for the least amount of time if you're really busy.  in 25 minutes you're totally done and you can easily do it while dinner is in the oven or before work!  I also think weight watchers works really well.  GL!
  • Options
    Whatever you do, don't crash diet. Start watching what you eat and exercise. I know how it feels, I'm a stress eater, but you just have to take it one meal at a time, and start making better choices. Everyone else on here has had great advice, so just stick with it.
  • Options
    Drink tons of water and nothing else. Eat lots of fruits, vegetables, and lean meats. Nothing fried, no alcohol, watch your carbs. CARDIO, lots and lots of cardio. I'm sortof in the same boat. I'm supposed to be getting married Oct. 3 also and my dress is tight. It was something built in that hold me in so it does zip, but it's tight. It was a perfect fit right of the rack when I bought it in Feb. But, I won't know until the end of this month if I'll even be getting married this year due to money issues.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards