Getting in Shape
Options

Open letter friday!

Air your greivences (GISR or otherwise) here:

Re: Open letter friday!

• Options
    Dear Swollen and Useless Ankle, I am so sick of you constantly trying to derail my marathon training and swelling up like a wuss every single time I go for a run.  I rested for 1.5 weeks, how much more do you want from me?!  Cut it out with this bursitis crap and leave me alone so that I can keep running without constant pain and limping afterwards. Thanks, STBS
  • Options
    I count calories, I work out constantly, I make sure everything I go into my mouth is healthy and accounted for.........and I am still not losing!!!! UGH!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Dear girl who goes to the gym at the same time as me during the week, out of the 200 lockers in the change room you do NOT have to pick the one directly beside mine forcing me to change 3 feet away from you everday.Dear measurements, you better have gotten smaller this week or youre going to be dealing with a very pissed off nebb all weekend.Dear weather, would it be too much to ask for sunny and warm weather this summer, Im getting thoroughly sick of cool temperatures and rain! k thanks!
  • Options
    Dear FI:When you say you want to go hang out with the guys and you'll be home by midnight, and you take your truck that sometimes doesn't start, and you turn off your cell phone, and you're probably drunk, maybe you should actually come home at midnight instead of 2 am.  It would save 2 hours of worry and stress on my end, because, silly me, I actually listen to what you say and believe you when you tell me you'll do something.
  • Options
    Can I write 2??Dear nudists in the womens locker room:Please put your bras and panties on.  I am glad that you are self-confident and think you are beautiful.  However, I have no desire to see your naked, jiggly butt spread all over the bench where I (used to) put my gym bag.  There is really no need to dry your hair completely naked.  Trust me, clothes never hurt anyone.  Because of y'all, I now refuse to pee while I am at the gym in order to avoid seeing you giggling around, and that can become very uncomfortable.  Dear FI:  You are a tall man.  I am a normal height woman.  Yes, you an outrun me.  You do not need to prove this to me every single time we run.  Please either slow down or let me run by myself.  But I still love you!!!k
  • Options
    Dear Coffee, Stop trying to get me to like you. You are doing too good of a job. Please go away.Sincerely,CB
  • Options
    Dear lazy person who left shards of glass lying around,My poor, throbbing foot thanks you for your oversight. So does my evening run, which probably will not happen. Oh, and so do my brand new sperry flip flops, which are now covered in blood.
    *Jeremiah 29:11* SoyFreeBlog
  • Options
    Oh man, I have too many:Dear Junk Food,Please stop being so tasty. I try to avoid you, but sometimes it's very, very hard. Dear Economy,Please stop blowing.  You're making it very hard to run my (retail) business, and the stress you're causing me is really hindering my weight-loss, as well as my sanity. Dear A-Holes Who Think They Can Make the Green Light and Wind Up Blocking The Intersection (You Know Who You Are),I HATE YOU. You cause so much road rage for me it takes every ounce of strength I have to not just run into the back of your stupid car.  If you can't make it all the way through the intersection, just wait on the other side until you can go. Otherwise, you block traffic. And you do this. Every. Single Day. You are no more important than any one else on the road!!!!!
  • Options
    Dear TOM, Please go away so that i can start exercising more comfortably. And stop making me eat chocolate chip cookies.
  • Options
    Dear Boob Crack...Why do you have to get so hot and sweaty in the summer! You're gross.Love, MeDear GIS board,Sorry for the over-share listed above : )Love, Vita
    imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Baahah ditto the boob crack letter, I feel the same way.
  • Options
    Dear Pennsylvania state government,You are all a$$holes. Now please get your butt in gear and pass this budget already. I Can not live with out my paycheck and who can? Yeah theoretically ppl should have money saved for a rainy but most ppl don't and I'm paying for a wedding here. It is rediculous to hold ppl paychecks hostage because you have your hidden agendas! I have cried and lost sleep over this, I needs my money. How can I maintain my fabulousness without a paycheck ughh. Your unwilling volunteer
  • Options
    Mrs_AFMrs_AF member
    First Comment
    Dear Sun and warmth,I'm an AZ girl, and the NorCal weather is not for me. I miss you. It's too cold here, and my skin has become translucent without you. Please come back for the weekend!Dear flat stomach,I know you're in there somewhere! I am resisting lots of tasty foods for you to show yourself before the summer is over! I've given you plenty of crunches and cardio. It's time.Dear girl at the gym trying to outrun me on the treadmill,I'm not in a race with you. If you want to run 8 mph to make yourself feel better, then feel free. But stop glancing at my treadmill and trying to keep up. k, thanks! Sincerely,Mrs_AF
  • Options
    naked girl in the locker room - boob crack!? Seriously ladies this is really why I'm here! Dear 'over achieving guy at bootcamp'I don't why you feel the need to jog in place when we get a 20 second break. Seriously it's 20 seconds!? PS this isnt' a place to show off in case you didn't get that beforeDear Pampered Chef cookbookDamn you for making delicious meals that are not really healthy and made to serve 4. Don't you know I'll just eat the whole darn thing!? Adjusting the recipe would jsut be too difficult for my tired little brain right nowPS I have not self control if you hadn't noticed
  • Options
    Dear Body, Please lose some more weight. You've been stuck at the same weight for 5-6 months now. You've made me sad that I won't look as fab as I wanted to in my wedding pictures. Please cooperate-even a little. Dear Stupid knee, You freaking suck! I finally get the will power to go to the gym everyday and you decide to hurt! I dislike you very much-now get well soon! Dear wedding, I wish you were here and over with. The stress you have brought me is probably interfering with my weight loss. I never want to see you again-I will probably like you on August 10th, but right now-we are mortal enemies.
  • Options
    Dear passage of time- Why o why do you have to be so fast when I need you to move slow, and then SO slow when I need you to be fast?  I've had it!Dear FI, why must you chew?  Dear self, I miss you, I wish we had more time to spend together just you and me, enough of work/FI/family/Friends/wedding trying to pull us in different directions, let's just go away together!Dear TOM, thank you so much for making me so irritable.LOL, :).
  • Options
    Dear My self-doubting side, It is ok to think you can lose 20 lbs even if you never do. It's ok to want to have a fun job making gobs of money even if you never do. What is not ok is giving up . Every day, I want you to hang in there and be kind to yourself. You've come a long way baby. There's more life coming at ya so get ready! Love, the other 95%
  • Options
    Dear Lenny, I like your letter.Love, Vita
    imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Dear bra industry, Why is it necessary for me to pay 100$ for a bra, the only one out of twenty that wanted to fit my boobies? Yours sighingly, B. *** Dear German colleagues of FI, Stop being such complete a$$holes and let him enjoy his last months with you. Not yours truly, B.
  • Options
    Dear Girl in my Zumba class, Please PLEASE stop dancing beside me. Even though you think you can...you can't dance. I would appreciate you stop glaring at me like it's my fault when you mess up. I am a classically trained dancer for 18 years and have done about every style under the sun, so clearly, it's not my problem when you trip trying to salsa, so stop acting like it is. Also - your chicken wings are not mambo arms and you keep hitting me. Signed, A. Dear TOM: I hate you. You make me bloated, cranky, and crave chocolate. Go away so I can work out in peace. A.
  • Options
    Dear FI's Aunt,You said you would be honored to do the flowers for our wedding.  However, you have not acknowledged my three emails with the information and pleas for you to contact me.  You also did not call me like you said you would when I finally talked to you.  I have 11 weeks until the wedding and I am seriously freaking out.  In 2 weeks if you have still not contacted me, I will be calling you to let you know that I will find someone else.  And I confess that I am so upset with you that I am hoping that you do not contact me so that I can just move on with my life.Sincerely,Your soon-to-be nieceSoontobeklg - I seriously laughed out loud about the locker room bit.  You are too funny!!
  • Options
    Dear GIS ladies, Please stop writing funny and entertaining letters, you're going to get me in trouble for laughing out loud at my desk during work hours. :)
  • Options
    Dear body,I hate you, thighs and tummy.  You suck.  No matter what I eat, how much I work out, you still jiggle about like jello.  Gross. How is possible to have a 28" waist and still be wiggly?  Ugh.  I know there are killer abs underneath all the fat.Wishing you would finally pay attention to all the hard work,MeDear fiance,I love you dearly.  You are best friend and my biggest supporter.  Why must your support always be from the couch?  Why don't you occasionally join me on a run or at a bootcamp?  Your scrawny chest could use some pushups even though have a very nice tushy and arms.  Also, please stop playing with my belly-roll.  I know you like it, but I work so hard to try and get rid of it that I really don't need to be reminded that it is there just cuz you like my fat.  it's slightly disturbing really, and it kind of makes me want to punch you in the arm.Sincerely,Your loving, but frustrated future wife
    imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, klg. That's a tough one :(
  • Options
    One more for me too. Dear Boss, Can you please add "TK Message Boards" to my time tracking application?  I track my time under my projects even though I spend too much time on TK and I wish I didn't have to lie about it so much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards