Getting in Shape
Options

Dinner ideas?

What are you having for dinner?  I need some fresh ideas!  Thanks ladies!

Re: Dinner ideas?

• Options
    Homemade tomato basil soup!  Low in calories and VERY filling!!  :-)
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Im probably making a steak stirfry or fajitas (with or without the wrap, I dunno yet, probably without) with a side of steamed green/yellow beans that I didnt get to eat yesterday because it was raining too hard and I couldnt pick them.
  • Options
    Green beans, red potatoes, and halibut. Yummy!!
  • Options
    Chicken parmigan with pasta
    Photobucket
  • Options
    sauteed scallops and steamed edamame i think!

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • Options
    wow that all sounds delicious!  and i was just thinking about stopping by the grocery store to pick up some sushi!   You guys are gourmets!
  • Options
    Just decided, grilled chicken, potatoes and zucchini, YUM.  And we are sampling some whole grain bread that we might have at the wedding.
  • Options
    sauteed fresh summer squashlight chicken gravy and shredded white meat chicken served over cornmeal waffles
  • Options
    stirfry with shrimp, eggwhites, brown rice, different coloured peppers, onions, broccoli, and zucchini. It's really nice and colourful and even though I don't like zucchini, I cut it up very thin and quartered and I don't notice at all!
  • Options
    to PP: in-season summer squash and zucchini are great to be eating right now, since they practically give them away at farmers markets and grocery stores! if they arent your fav veggies, here are some suggestions for preparation of these dishes to make them more enjoyable:--saute and toss them with lemon juice--chop up a handful of fresh herbs and toss into your pan at the end of sauteeing (sage and dill are my favorites, but thyme, mint and oregan also pair nicely!)--for a more savory side dish, steam them and then toss them with herbed bread crumbs and a bit of fat free chicken broth--bake them at 350 with concentrated fat-free cream of chicken/celery/mushroom soup and a sprinkling of reduced fat swiss cheese on top, or breadcrumbs sprayed with butter flavored pamHTH!!
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    Im going to have to try that 2nd one with sage and dill - my herb garden is growing out of control since im not using it as often lately. I cant wait to try that!
  • Options
    spuccio- thanks for the recipes!!!! my FI is growing them and he brought me a huge one last night...zucchini that is. All of you ladies recipes sound so delicious.   I had made marinated (cajun) grilled chicken last night and hot and spicy black beans, with rice.  I have leftovers so will probably eat this with ZUCCHINI!!!
  • Options
    Nebb I'm so jealous you have a garden! I will probably make a grilled chicken salad of some sort, or pesto grilled chicken w/ side salad and zucchini.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Glad to help!!!Another one I forgot:You can make pappardelle out of squash and zucchini if they are smaller. Small squash are more dense, and less seedy. Take a thick sharp vegetable peeler and run it lengthwise down the squash, producing thick ribbon "spaghetti". Blanche very quickly in boiling water and toss with a lightened alfredo sauce for a delicious side. Add grilled chicken or fish for a whole meal! If I dont have time to make my own light white sauce, I will use Knorr's envelope packets. You can eliminate the butter and use skim milk for a light sauce.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    cokristi, you should SEE My garden! I have 5 cherry tomatoe plants (orange and red), 5 plants each of 5 different varieties of tomatoes (one is yellow) and I plan to do canning once theyre ripe, yellow and green zucchini, 4 kinds of peppers (jalepenio, red bell, cubanelle, sweet banana), green and yellow beans and cucumber! Oh, and my herbs... too many to name. I went a little nuts this year.
  • Options
    Breakfast for dinner tonight, egg whites with some veggies in a whole wheat wrap with some fat free cheese.  Roasted potatoes and finance wants some bacon so i'll probably eat a piece or two, haven't had bacon in forever.
  • Options
    We also had something breakfasty- caramelized red onion, spinach and feta frittata with a whole grain roll on the side. It was pretty tasty, though I think goat cheese would be better.I too only like zucchini when it's really thinly sliced- I don't like it when it gets mushy. It's funny though, when I lived in Italy I used to get sandwiches with zucchini all the time. but everything is better in Italy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards