Getting in Shape
Options

TOO much weight loss/need to maintain

Okay, so I need some advice. The bridal salon ordered my dress in the wrong size (1 size too small). "Not to worry" they said, we can let it out and everything will be fine. Two weeks ago (exactly 4 weeks before my wedding) I went in for my fitting, and the dress had been let out as much as it could, and it was still a tiny bit too tight. So I was told to lose weight. I had been watching what I was eating before, but decided to cut out all carbs, and just stick to low fat dairy, vegetables, and lean protein. I went in on Saturday, and the dress is now massively too big in the bust (but good in the hips/waist). So I have another fitting friday, and they are taking the dress in. I got on the scale this morning, and realized that I have lost 10 lbs in two weeks. I know this isn't healthy, it's just what happened. But now the problem becomes - how do I maintain? I don't want my dress to get bigger, but I don't want to gain back the weight. I am getting married in 13 days! Help!

Re: TOO much weight loss/need to maintain

• Options
    I would only add in one serving of complex carbs a day. Keep it out as long as you can, but if you want to add in some brown rice, a whole wheat pita, an english muffin, feel free, but only one serving a day. Maintain the diet you've been on, but maybe add larger portions of the protein and veggies so you don't lose too much more. Go to a site like thedailyplate.com or sparkpeople.com to see how many calories you need to maintian your current weight and try to stick as closely as you can as possible, but I would definitely keep eating the same super healthy diet. Good luck!!
  • Options
    Sign yourself up for the daily plate (through livestrong.com) and you can enter your weight, activity level, etc...and it will tell you how many calories you need to eat to maintain your weight.  Keep the foods you eat healthy...but that should help...and even though they don't recommend it, weigh yourself daily and try to stay within a two pound range or so...
    imageimage
    BFP 5/2/11, missed m/c, D&C 6/13/11
    BFP 12/8/11--Little Girl E Born 8/22/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I started The Zone recently and the book says that to maintain your weight you should add a little extra good fat like olives, nuts, olive oil, almond and natural peanut butters. Don't know if that helps any. But don't worry. They will make your alterations so your dress fits great! Don't stress too much (easier said than done I know) because that can cause weight loss as well. Deep breaths......everything will be fine :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards