Getting in Shape
Options

Does anyone WI during TOM?

TOM starts this week and I don't want to WI...who here weighs in during this time?

Re: Does anyone WI during TOM?

• Options
    I used to weigh in daily, and would be able to predict TOM day based on weight.  I would put on 2 pounds a day before and another 3 the first day.  Then drop the last day.
  • Options
    Last month I did and I regretted it, I put on 2.6 lbs for TOM, and it totally discouraged me, even though i've lost all of the other weeks.  This week is my TOM, and I didnt go last week because I was so busy, so I am skipping WI for two weeks in a row which I know is horrible, but it feels pointless to go and see a gain that isn't real and mess with my head.So I will WI next week.I think most ppl will say WI anyways, it keeps you accountable, which I totally agree with.  I personally just don't want to get discouraged over nothing.
  • Options
    I WI every week, TOM or not. I WI knowing that I will probably gain, though. I can see both sides of it. I have to WI, though, to keep myself accountable... not for my food, but for the WI. If I skip one, I'll be more inclined to skip another, then another, etc.
    imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I weigh in every day (I know it's discouraged by most, but it really works for me... I only count my weight when I weigh the same thing for 2 days in a row.) During my TOM my weight goes up by 3-4 pounds, but the next week I almost always drop 2 from my pre-TOM weight in just that week. It was more earlier on (like 5 pounds down in a week at one point) but now that I have less to lose it's not quite so dramatic. I like to be able to track myself every day and see how certain foods or activities affect my weight loss, and I guess TOM just counts as an "activity." :)
  • Options
    I have done it before but it always depresses me. Now I refrain at all costs ahha
  • Options
    I do.  If I'm up a bit, I know why so no biggie.
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Options
    Sigh. I do and I shouldn't. TOM started yesterday and both yesterday and today I have been up 2.6. It bums me out even though I know what's causing the gain. I also feel like a whale so that doesn't help, BLECK. I would say if you can avoid weighing in this week, avoid it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I do, but also the week of TOM.  It keeps me from eating that extra chocolate and whatever else I crave during that time!  I also make sure to watch my sodium intake that week. If I am up a bit, I know it is because of TOM and don't let it bother me. What you should do depends on your personality type and what works best for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards