Getting in Shape
Options

Sabatoge...

Can what you eat sabatoge your workout?Today I went to Lift Leap and Lunge, a 45 minute aerobic class with weights and cardio. I normally have no problem getting through the class but today I could hardly make it pass 30 minutes. At the 30 minute mark, my heart rate got real high and I started sweating a lot...so of course I stopped working out by at first, just marching slowly to bring my heart rate down, drinking water, then I had to actually go to the bathroom.I am wondering did what I ate for lunch sabatoge my workout. I had a turkey and swiss sandwich from subway, not bad right? But the bad part comes in when I also ate 2 choc chop cookies, half a bag of chips and a root beer. Right before the gym, I ate a peach.I admit it, I was emotional eating today. But after my pitiful performance at the gym, I won't make that mistake again. I felt terrible.Advice, Suggestions please...

Re: Sabatoge...

• Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    The junk might have been a bit heavy on your stomach, so its possible. I hope you feel better now! I find I get really sick feeling if I dont eat something small before I work out, but generally some very long deep breaths during the work out helps. The peach beforehand was probably ok, it was just the junk earlier in the day.
  • Options
    Nebb,I do feel better now, I came home and ate a healthy dinner of brown rice, chicken breast and a veggie. Tomorrow I will def. eat better and have a better workout.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    You did get a work out in, just not as long as normal. Dont sweat it :) it was a learning experience.
  • Options
    I rarely drink but had a couple glasses of wine the other night. I was dying during my bike workout the next day. It took me 30 minutes longer than normal. I had to keep stopping and getting off and walking. It was a good motivator to stay away from the alcohol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards