Getting in Shape
Options

Poll: Clothing

What item can you now wear after losing weight? Or what items do you hope to wear once you lose the weight?

Re: Poll: Clothing

• Options
    I have a size 10 linen skirt and shorts that I'd like to be able to wear by Spring.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I was so thrilled when I could wear the black shorts I bought last summer, theyre knee length and super comfy. Now they dont fit and I havnt bothered busting out my other last summer shorts even though i know they fit.I have this awesome purple dress I bought last summer to fit into, then never got around to fitting into, im hoping this time around I can make it into it before the warm weather is all gone. I also have a size 12/13 pants from AE that i LOOOOOOVED and havnt worn in nearly 3 years now. I want into those so bad. I also have some size 12 slacks that are super soft and comfy that I cant wait to fit into. I also have this wrap around dress shirt, SUPER cute, but even when I bought it 2 years ago my arms were too fat to really fit into it comfortably, so id like to fit into that shirt because I never ended up wearing it in public because I was so uncomfortable.
  • Options
    I can now wear skinny jeans! I never thought I would be ableto pull them off, but they are actually very flattering on me!I also am back into wearing the clothes when I first met DH,which is super exciting, because I know I am the same sizeas when we FIRST met! :)
  • Options
    By summer (4 months) I would like to be wearing an above the knee dress. I haven't worn anything above the knee in years!
  • Options
    Recently I was able to wear a pair of capri hiking pants that I bought (barely fitting into them at the time) before our big trip to Hawaii.  I didn't feel comfortable in them and only gained weight after that trip so this was the first time wearing them!!  I think that I bought them almost two years ago...
  • Options
    This is a good poll! What item can you now wear after losing weight? I'm back in a couple of pairs of jeans that I could not pull up over my hips.  It was not a pretty sight.Or what items do you hope to wear once you lose the weight?There are a couple of items that I hope to get into.  I have a dress - sort of tight fitting - that I bought about 5 years ago.  It still has the tags on it because I have NEVER worn it.  I bought it in the anticipation of losing weight - which never happened either.  So, that's one.  Then I have a couple of pairs of jeans I have saved from my thinner days (when they did not reguarly make jeans with spandex!) - so I want to get my big butt in those too!
  • Options
    I'm back into most of the clothes I was wearing when fI and I met too!  I wore this pair of pants the other day just to see if he would notice and he did, he's so adorable.  It's like Christmas I tell you!More exciting though is the shirts I can wear w/o worring about my hips or belly. I had been wearing baggy things to hide certain areas for too long.I'm not exactly bikini ready but I'm wearing one on my honeymoon and I don't care. Another 5-9 pounds and maybe I'd wear it around my friends......but it doesn't look half bad right now!
  • Options
    I have jeans from 12-20.  I'm in a lose 16 now.  I'm hoping to be back to a size 12.  I'm very nervous about alterations for my wedding dress.  They ordered me a size 20.
  • Options
    In general I am loving that all of my clothes are getting looser.I can't wait to walk into Gap or Banana and pick something off the shelf and have it fit great!!
  • Options
    I don't know what is more motivating then fitting into clothesyou used to fit in or want to fit in ... Congrats Everyone!
  • Options
    What item can you now wear after losing weight? Mainly my size 8 clothes are fitting better, with a little room in them.  (Before they were getting real tight) I haven't lost a lot of weight yet to see a big difference or to go down a size.Or what items do you hope to wear once you lose the weight?I want to wear a pair of BEBE jeans that I wore when I met DH 4 years ago. They are hanging up in my closet. Also I want to be able to confidently wear strapless tops. This poll is motivating to work harder toward my goals.Keep up the good work everyone!
  • Options
    I haven't lost too much yet, but I have never (except before the age of say, 5) been able to wear a bikini, and would LOVE to be able to wear one on our honeymoon!
    TEST
  • Options
    I'm sure most of you look better in a bikini than most girls I see wearing them these days.  I don't know what is wrong with people.  I live at the shore and I see way to many chubby girls in bikinis.  FI swears I can pull one off but I don't think I'll ever wear one out in public.
  • Options
    I bought a pair of size 28 True Religion jeans a few years ago that gave me a gross muffin top look so I never wore them - now they are too big and I can't even wear them.I can also wear bikinis for the first time in my entire life, though I still feel weird wearing them.
  • Options
    i wore a red skirt on memorial day weekend and it was tight and it didn't look to great but it was hot and i needed something to wear...well i wore it yesterday and it was much looser and probably "fit" me unlike at the beginning of the summer! that was fun!i must admit that i have been buying clothes that are too small because one day i will fit into them! I'm like that yogurt commercial- i have a pair of great GAP jeans i have never worn but hope to. they are hanging on the back of my door for inspiration!
  • Options
    I can't really fit into anything different yet, because I've only lost a little over 7 lbs.I really want to be able to wear a swim suit, though. I'm not asking for a bikini (would never wear one anyway), but being comfortable in a tankini would be nice. I haven't worn a swim suit in years. Yes, years. I got rid of almost all my "skinny" clothes... it was too depressing to have them around. So, I'd really like to get to my goal weight and go on a shopping spree!
    imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I hope to one day look decent in a bikini. I have a lake weekend with my high school girlfriends in one week. They are skinny, of course. Sigh.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just put a bikini I bought last year in the wash, will be trying it on soon!  I want to wear that with pride (it actually might be too big, well def in the boob area, ha), along with anything revealing.  I can't WAIT to go shopping for HM clothes this weekend!I LOVE wearing skirts now, I couldn't before b/c things were a little too um crowded down there and it was uncomfortable.  I also fit into a tight t-shirt I bought that always wore sweaters or jackets over, but wear it by itself now!And size 12 jeans that are getting loose!  I don't know if my hips will ever be a single digit size, but I'm darn excited about 10s!
  • Options
    It's so much I can wear it, but this pair of desperation bermuda shorts I bought (size 20) are too big! And the jeans I bought around the same time (which were too small), now fit with barely any muffin top. As far as hope to wear, there are these khaki capris that I wore in high school, and I really want to get back in those by the wedding. It would be cute to wear them to the Honeymoon! I have a lot of clothes that are too tight, so it will be nice to have more options of what to wear rather than always wearing by black stretchy athletic capris! Oh, and a little black dress that never quite fit right, would be perfect for the rehearsal dinner if I lose the weight!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Right now I'd like to fit into my 10 jeans which I hope doesn't take anymore than 6 weeks (I barely fit into them). After that, I'd like to go into a size 8 and then hopefully 6. I have some tops I'd like to wear that more form fitting and don't want those love handles sticking out!
  • Options
    i got rid of all my "skinny" clothes when i left for college (5 years ago) because i thought it was hopeless to keep them.  and i didn't like any of them anymore, since they were from middle school.i can fit into size 2 dresses and jeans in some stores!  (new york and co., ann taylor).  and i actually can't really fit into tops in old navy anymore, the XS tops are usually too big.  (for reference, i'm really short and i used to be a size 12 jeans and a M/L on top.)i was REALLY hoping to look hot in a bikini on my honeymoon, but with only 8 days till my wedding, it just isn't going to happen.  while my legs, butt, back, and arms all look pretty awesome, i've still got those ugly love handles, tummy pudge, and lower back fat hanging on.though, hot or not, i'm definitely wearing my new bikini in 1.5 weeks.  FI likes it :)
  • Options
    I have jeans that havent fit in awhile that I havent been able to wear and finally fit into again. The wedding is a little over a year away and I really hope to be able to wear a bikini. I havent worn one in a long time
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards