Getting in Shape
Options

Nausea after working out?

Does this happen to anyone else? I've noticed this in the past week. It's enough to keep me from having an evening snack. Which isn't necessarily bad, but I usually have a piece of fruit or something not too bad. I haven't really changed up my routine or my diet. I'm going to work out in the morning tomorrow and see if I still get it. I guess if it lasts until Monday I'll go to the doctor.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Nausea after working out?

• Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I feel nauseous after working out if I havnt eaten anything beforehand (i usually eat a granola bar at about 3/3:30, work out at 5). Do you eat anything with protein or carbs in it before you work out?
  • Options
    I usually go about and hour after dinner. And dinner is usually a lean protein with veggies and a whole grain, like cous cous or brown rice. Do you think the time interval after eating is the problem?
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Its POSSIBLE, hard to say. I do weights, then go home and eat dinner (usually by 7), and do cardio about an hour and a half-2 hours afterwards and I normally dont feel naseous then, just if I havnt eaten all day beforehand.
  • Options
    I get nauseas if I eat too close to dinner.. I ussually have to wait at least 1 1/2 hours before working out.. other than just walking.. I walk right after dinner & it doesnt bother me.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Have you changed your liquid intake at all? Sometimes this gets me...like if you are so tierd/out of breath/sweating that you drink too much water at once? Or not enough and get dehydrated? Also,, are you working out outside where the temps/humidity may be taking a toll?
  • Options
    Maybe I do need to wait longer after dinner.I haven't changed my liquids. I drink about 32 oz of water during my 1.5 hrs of exercise. I usually do interval cardio, so I take drinks during the "easier" intervals. I also work out at the Y, so it's indoors. But the air conditioning is pretty crappy. Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    I felt that way for a few weeks and I never really figured out what it was. I had an infected bug bite that could have been the culprit but when Iwent to the doctors they just kept asking me if I could be pregnant - hello I'm getting married in a few months and don't need that added stress thank you! Eventually though, it passed.  I would suggest though - that the food you eat prior to working out be 'simple' meaning easy to digest/access - like fruit or a protien shake.  Complex foods like meats, granola etc can be more difficult for your body to break down in a hurry - it could be the reason....could be something else. I also noticed....it happened around TOM, more....again don't know if that has anythign to do with it. GL and let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    I got nauseous for a long time whenever I worked out.  I finally realized that I was actually drinking too MUCH water and that I didn't have enough electrolytes in my system.
  • Options
    I had this problem in the spring.  I actually went to the doctor and he said I needed to eat more before I worked out and that I needed more electrolytes.  I was getting enough water, but not enough electrolytes so it was making me sick.  He said to try a little powerade zero before I worked out and then again after...and keep it at room temperature because the cold after the workout could be shocking my system.
    imageimage
    BFP 5/2/11, missed m/c, D&C 6/13/11
    BFP 12/8/11--Little Girl E Born 8/22/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards