Getting in Shape
Options

I need motivation!!!!!!!!

Hi I am new to the board and I am very sad because I can't seem to get it right. I was on WW for about a year I lost about 20 lbs in that period of time so I know it works. I am 20 pounds heavier than when I started for a total of a 40lb weight gain in a year and a half. In the past year I quit smoking and switched jobs to a sit down job. I am pretty sure this has a lot to do witht he weight gain. In my current living situation I am not able to cook so that makes it a lot harder to eat helthy.I ordered my dress in a size that fit me tight in hopes to be motivated and hit the gym but have not been succesfull. I am hoping to loose 20 lbs in 5 months and worry about the rest after the wedding. So when I workout I end up eating more, I am not sure if I should eat my activity points or not.Please help me!  Any suggestions as to eating healthy without cooking and being motivated to go to the  gym!!!

Re: I need motivation!!!!!!!!

• Options
    Just get up and go!  There is no reason why you can't go to the gym.  Pack your workout clothes and take them to work with you.  Stop by on the way home.  Once you are there you will stay.  Cardio is addictive and soon you will want to go even on your rest day!There are lots of healthy options that don't require cooking.  Just keep lots of fruit and veggies on hand, and you can get precooked chicken breast strips and turkey and such to add to your salads.  I'm sure that's cheaper and healthier than eating out all the time.  Good luck and keep us posted!
  • Options
    Thank you soon!!!!! It is so nice to find people to turn to for support! Thanks again and yes will keep you posted :)
  • Options
    I agree with PP.. Once you get up & go.. you will stay doing it.. When I dont want to workout.. I get my workout clothes on & tell myself. only 5 mins and you can quit.. after 5 mins 99% of the time I will continue doing it because its only 25 more mins left.. I am on WW and I dont eat my activity pts unless I absolutly have to..  I also agree.. cut up fruits & veggis, precooked chicken.. Do you have a microwave? You can make healthy salads, wraps, burritos, tacos, there is alot you can make with the pre-cooked stuff.. If you have a microwave then there is even more stuff that you can make.. Good luck.. We are all here for you.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    If you have a fridge and a microwave, there are plenty of healthy options. Stock up on snacks like light string cheese, lowfat yogurt, nonfat cottage cheese, and fruits and veggies. You can easily steam veggies in the microwave with just a bowl and a tiny bit of water but maybe get some of those steamfresh bags to make it easier.  94% microwave popcorn, instant oatmeal. . . dried fruits and nuts are great but you need to watch the portions!As for working out, I also need motivation! I've found that you have to just DO IT. Put it on your calendar so you have something to cross off each day. If you schedule it in advance it's harder to back down!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards