Getting in Shape
Options

I must be nuts!!! ( a little long)

Hi all. I'm new to this board and wanted to share.  I ordered my dress on 9/2 and my wedding is 5/30/10. I am a plus sized bride who has over 100 pounds that should come off and slightly elevated blood pressure. I have tried everything to lose weight over the years and had some minimal successes but nothing permanent. This time I set myself up.  I ordered my dress 1 size smaller than I am.  (The dress I tried on in the shop was a 20 and fit perfectly, I ordered an 18) I signed up for two days a week of ballroom dance lessons, take my two puppies on a mile long walk at least twice a week and re-joined for the millionth time Jenny Craig.  I have been following it religiously but using the dining out guide a lot.  Week one results: gained 0.8 poundsWeek two results: gained 0.4 poundsTonight is week three weigh in.  I did cut out most of the dining out this week.  I am so afraid to see what happens this week. 

Re: I must be nuts!!! ( a little long)

• Options
    don't give it up--the weight will come off.  I did the same thing for my wedding--I am getting married in August 2010 and ordered a smaller size--I think it will be really good motivation.  I am not that knowledgable about jenny craig, but I find that writing down what you eat is really helpful and also finding someone to do the dieting and work out with you really helps. 
  • Options
    Don't give up! I'm not familiar with the Jenny Craig plan, but I am doing Weight Watchers and I love it! Have you ever considered trying Weight Watchers instead of Jenny Craig as something new?
    TEST
  • Options
    Honestly I dont trust dining out - you have no REAL idea what is in your food, just a general idea. There could be way more fat and other things in it than you are lead to believe, unless it comes prepackaged and you unseal it yourself. Quit eating out so much, up your workout a bit (walk a bit father or more than twice a week), and it might help!
  • Options
    Dining out is a KILLER! The amount of calories in restaurant food is like 4 times what it is to make your food at home. Try just not going out for 1 week and then check your results. I used to go out with FI all the time, probably like 5 times a week, and since I stopped doing that, its so much easier to lose it. You'd never realize how bad it is until you look it up on thedailyplate.com , I thought I was only eating like 1400 a day, turns out it was like 2200 because eating out was so bad.
  • Options
    Thank you ladies.  The weigh in was much better this week.  Down 3 pounds!!!! Good thing too since I was hitting Cheesecake Factory if it went up again, LOL.
  • Options
    3lbs is awesome! Congrats.
  • Options
    3 lbs is wonderful, congrats!  Just keep in mind, like the pps said, that you really need to eat out less.  A meal at a regular restaurant usually runs over 800 calories, at a minimum, if you look at any of the popular places (TGI fridays, red robin, etc).  You need to start upping the intensity with your workouts as well, and I think you will do great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards