Getting in Shape

NGISR: Awesomeness

So 5 days away from wedding....my mom just called....my dad has SHINGLES.  He has had it before so he knows how uncomfortable he is going to be.... not much I can do from here except feel bad for him.  I hope that it didn't develop from stress of the wedding....AWESOME (please note sarcasm)!

Re: NGISR: Awesomeness

• I'm so sorry about your dad!  I hope he is feeling better in a few days.  Make sure he rests up
  • oh my goodness!! How terrible.  Lots of rest for him!
  • Shingles is extremely contageous. Is he still going to be able to attend/be a part of your wedding?
  • Shingles is the same virus as the chicken pox, so it is only dangerous if people at the wedding haven't had chicken pox before.  He would also have to be in the oozing stage of it (gross) AND a person without immunity would have to touch the oozing blister.  Right now it is contained to his chest/ stomach so there is not much chance of that.
  • Hmm I didnt know that. When my mother had shingles her doctor quarentined her and she had to get my uncle to deliver her groceries to her while she was upstairs. Also at the retirement home I worked out, any residents with shingled had to stay in their rooms.
  • Bummer!  I hope he is okay on your wedding day and not completely miserable! My dad has SO many health problems and just found out that on top of everything else, he has Lyme's disease!  His Dr. put him on antibiotics late last week.  He is so worn out all the time and I just hope he is able to get some of his energy back to enjoy the day.  (10/10)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards