Getting in Shape

Will Zumba Suffice??

So I started doing one-hour Zumba classes two days a week and, lets just say I haven't "worked out" in approximately 6 years, so I'm not really sure what to expect. For anyone who hasn't tried it, Zumba is pretty awesome. I'd describe it as high energy, hip-hop and latin-inspired dance -- I never forget that I'm working out but it is ALWAYS really fun. Has anyone been doing Zumba for a while? As in a couple of months to a year? If so, what have you gotten out of it? I'm interested in toning up and just improving my stamina so I'm not winded by the time I reach the third floor of my school's library ;) Is Zumba enough or should I supplement it with something else? Any opinions would be very much appreciated!!! -Julie

Re: Will Zumba Suffice??

• I haven't personally tried Zumba, so I'm no help there, but generally speaking only doing one type of exercise isn't the best plan. Your body will get used to it and you will only target a select group of muscles. Two days a week isn't very intense either, so expect slow results. I would supplement it with other things you might like. If you're not into traditional work outs, try other dance classes, yoga, pilates, whatever. From what i've heard Zumba is a good workout, I would just worry it's not enough. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards