Getting in Shape
Options

Going out to eat

My WW friends how do you find going out to eat and counting points? I always try to order things that are lower in points but it is so hard to determine what they truly are in terms of points. I am excited though, last night I went out to eat and for the first time didn't finish my meal. The portion wasn't enormous so I thought I would def. need to eat the whole thing to be satisfied. I was able to determine that I was satisfied and that I didn't need to finish just because it was in front of me, this is a mini victory for me.

Re: Going out to eat

• Options
    if you know ahead of time where you're going, you can check out www.dwlz.com for point information. i like doing it that way, because then I am prepared going into it, not looking at the menu and drooling over the giant cheeseburger...lol.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    ditto- either go to a restaurant that has nutrition information available (many chains) and crunch numbers before you even go OR order things you can eyeball, like salads + protein or pasta + veggies or fish + baked potato + verggies, etc.
  • Options
    I try to look up and calculate the points online ahead of time, or, if it's more spontaneous, I'll look at the nutrition facts when I get there (chain restaurants in WA are required to provide nutritional info).Another way I do it is to just say that dinner will count as 25 or so of my weeklies, and I will order whatever I want. I still try to be mindful, but I give myself a break.Also, I try to cut my plate in half as soon as it arrives (for bigger portions). I eat half, and then I take the rest home. If I'm still hungry at home, I'll eat more. And lastly, I often split stuff with FI. Similar to your victory, FI and I used to each devour our own plate of Thai food at our favorite restaurant, and now we order one, split it, and are both satisfied!
    imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards