Getting in Shape
Options

"Real" Meals

Ok, so I've been dieting for approx 3 months so far & I stick very closely to my diet (if I go off -- it's for like one thing like ONE apple cider donut lol). Most dinners consist of lean cuisines or some type of fish/chicken and veggies. Anyways...tonight I had my first "real" meal in a while & man do I feel gross now!!! The meal itself wasn't even that bad -- I ate chicken, salad, bread, squash, & a little ice cream for dessert (oh & a glass of white wine). It was just TOO much creamy, acidic food that I am not used to anymore. I feel like crap, but in a way that's good b/c I will not want to eat like that on a regular basis again!
Photobucket

Re: "Real" Meals

• Options
    Whaa??? Apple cider donut? I WANT!Sorry, I saw apple cider donut and couldn't focus on the rest of the post : ) I know how you feel, though. I thought I'd be naughty and ate mac and cheese the other night on the train. I haven't had anything that greasy/creamy in a long time and boy did I pay for it. I felt so sick afterwards. Despite how crappy I felt (and how crappy I'm sure you feel), I'm secretly happy that my body actually feels bad when I eat that kind of stuff now! It's a good sign!
    imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    haha yeah me too -- it tasted good at the time, but when I came back from my friend's place from dinner I just felt bleh. It is nice that your body will react that way so u don't go back to ur old ways.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I would like to point out that you should be eating "real" meals, all the time. Sustaining yourself on lean quisine that often, is not healthy. The amount of preservatives in those meals, the amount of sodium, is not good for you. For the price you pay for one you could make a great "real" meal on a regular basis. They are low in calories, but not that great for you.
  • Options
    every other meal is "real" i eat lean cuisine approx 2 -3 times per week & the rest is usually sushi, fish & veggies or chicken and veggies. For lunch I wil have a turkey wrap, apple sauce, rice cakes, etc. for breakfast egg beaters with veggies & non-fat cheese, english muffin with fresh apple butter OR cheerios with fruit on top....sorry to be vague up top! I just don't normally add lots of sauces as they did or drink alcohol anymore.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Thank you, Nebb.  I was thinking the same exact thing.
  • Options
    As long as its not too much (I thought you meant you had it almost every night!), it isnt as bad. It sounds like the rest of your diet is great!
  • Options
    Thanks...I usually eat them as a quick dinner for when we get home late from work & just don't feel like cooking. I know they aren't the best in the world. We want to register for a kitchen scale so we can measure some of our foods & determine how many calories we are taking in so we can feel more comfortable cooking more creative meals & not going overboard.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I wouldn't make it a habit of thinking of those big, icky meals as the "real" ones. I mean, I know why you put it that way, and I'm definitely not being critical, but isn't it crappy that "diet" meals are things like veggies and good proteins, and "real" meals are creamy, overfilling things? Personally I get so ticked off when people tell me I have a special or restrictive diet, or that I'm even on a diet. This is just how I eat, I'm not on a diet, and I'm not going to go back to "real" meals when I hit my goal. Sorry, this is totally a rant :)
  • Options
     I totally agree pp :) I don't think everyone else realizes how much extra unnecessary fat & sugar, etc. they put in their body on a daily basis either. After eating better I have more energy, I am happier & after I eat I don't feel "too full" or bloated, etc. When I was at my friend's house her husband gave me a HUGE bowl of ice cream which I tasted and immediately thought wow I used to eat all of this no problem, now I need to force down 3 bites after a huge dinner.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards