Getting in Shape
Options

Echoing ngiguere...26.2 rocks

Just did my first marathon yesterday.  I'd never run more than 13.1 miles in my life but just went out there and did it.  I was slow (5:32) but it felt SO good to cross that finish line.  I would highly encourage all of you ladies to consider a 5k, 10k, half marathon or full marathon race.  There is something to strutting (or limping!) around with that medal around your neck.Don't ever believe you can't do something.  You are usually wrong!
Bi-oh-rama
Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
"smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
"The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

Re: Echoing ngiguere...26.2 rocks

• Options
    Did you do Chicago? I was there cheering on a friend yesterday!
  • Options
    Oh no...I was in Long Beach, CA. 
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    I did one 2 years ago and it was the most miserable, cold, wet 6 hours of my life, but Im so proud I did it. So way to go for going faster than me!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Ahhh, I SO want to but it is so hard to find that kind of time to train...multiple hours in a day of running is near impossible to fit in. My crazy dad did a marathon on Saturday in 4:41!GREAT JOB! That is also encouraging that you were able to do a marathon after having only run the distance of a half prior. Way to go!
  • Options
    That is awesome!  I just don't think i can mentally run for that long.  I have been trying to learn to love running, but i have been unsucessful.  I am jealous when people say they get a runner's high, because all i get is miserable.  After 4-5 miles, i just want it to be over (but still torture myself with running several days a week) I truly admire all you that do the marathons and love it!  I actually even wondered if getting hypnotized could change my mental outlook.    Anyway, congrads!!  And, hope you do it again!
  • Options
    CONGRATS!!!  I finished my first one last week.  Welcome to the club!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards