Getting in Shape
Options

Any good chili recipes?

Now that it is starting to get cooler outside, I thought I would make some chili. Anyone have a good chili recipe?

Re: Any good chili recipes?

• Options
    I don't have any personal favorites (yet), since I haven't made any chili yet this season and didn't really in the past. I use allrecipes.com, though, and it looks like there are some really good ones on there with great reviews. I'm going to try one of the turkey ones whenever I can get to the store to get the ingredients.
    imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I LOVE Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa)'s Chicken Chili recipe!! http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/chicken-chili-recipe/index.html I actually just used ground turkey instead of doing her whole chicken cooking process, and I think it tastes great. I also like to add a little bit of low fat shredded cheese. It's 300 calories/6 Weight Watchers points per "serving" made with ground turkey. However, I don't think I've ever eaten an entire "serving"... the recipe says it makes 6 and I've gotten about 9-10 very satisfying lunch portions out of it. Enjoy!
  • Options
    Um, open can, pour in pan, heat? I have never had homemade chilli that I actually liked so I always get the canned stuff.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Flower Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio 6.15.10
  • Options
    I am not sure how many ww points this is but its very good. 1 lb of ground turkey browned and drained.  I add some chili powder in while its browning for more flavor. Once the meat is cooked add more chili powder to your taste, a large can of tomato sauce, a smaller/medium can of tomato sauce, one small can of tomato paste and a medium size can of red kidney beans.  I also add in some diced fresh tomatoes to taste.  Let it simmer on low until it thickens.  If you want to you can put it in a crock pot on low for a couple of hours and this is the best!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards