Getting in Shape
Options

Recipe Exchange!

Hi ladies! Here is where to put your healthy recipes to share with everyone.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Recipe Exchange!

• Options
    Baked Spaghetti CarbonaraPOINTS: 5 INSTRUCTIONS8 oz uncooked whole-wheat spaghetti4 slice(s) uncooked turkey bacon, diced2 medium leek(s), chopped (white parts only)3 medium garlic clove(s), minced1 tsp dried oregano1/2 tsp table salt1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly chopped1 1/4 cup(s) fat-free skim milk1 cup(s) fat-free egg substitute1/4 tsp garlic powder1/4 tsp onion powder1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese Preheat oven to 375ºF.Cook spaghetti according to package directions (without added oil); drain and transfer to a 9-inch, deep-dish pie plate.Meanwhile, cook bacon in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add leeks and garlic; cook 2 minutes. Stir in oregano, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute. Spoon bacon mixture evenly over spaghetti in pie plate.In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, egg substitute, garlic powder and onion powder; pour over spaghetti mixture and sprinkle with cheese.Place pie plate on a baking sheet and bake until filling is set and top is golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes. Cool slightly before slicing into 6 pieces. Yields 1 piece per serving.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Roasted Vegetables and Potatoes1 zucchini1 yellow squash1/2 bundle of asparagus2 medium potatoes (which ever you'd like)1 long carrot1/2 red pepper1/2 yellow pepper2 cloves garlic1/2 tsp salt1 tsp pepper1/4 olive oilPinch of italian seasoningPinch of basilPreheat oven to 425Mix the olive oil, basil, italian seasoning, salt, pepper and cut up garlic in a little mixing dish. Slice the zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, potatoes and asparagus into bite size pieces. Cut the peppers into smaller pieces mix all seasoning in a medium or large baking pan. Pour oil and seasoning over vegetables and mix together. Place in over for 45 - 55 minutes depending on how your oven works.In between make sure to stire around the vegetables atleast twice so the vegetables do not stick to pan.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Butternut squash soup1 medium onion, diced1 tbsp olive oil1 tbsp cuminsalt and pepper to taste4 or more cups chicken stock, vegetable stock, or water (I use half chicken stock, half water)2 lbs. butternut squash, peeled and choppedHeat the olive oil and add the onion.  Saute for 2 mins. until transparent.  Add the cumin, salt, and pepper and cook for 1 minute.  Add the squash and enough water or stock to fully cover the squash.  Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer.  Simmer for 30-35 minutes until squash is tender.  Transfer to a blender and blend until it reaches the desired consistency.  You can thin it with additional water or stock if you want to.
  • Options
    Turkey Chili 1 Pound of Groud Turkey2 16oz Cans of Pinto Beans2 16oz Cans of Red Kidney Beans1 16oz Can of Red Beans1 16oz Can of Diced Tomatoes (w/Jalapenos) 2 Packets of Lawry's Taco Seasoning 2 Cups of Water 3 Cloves of Chopped Garlic 1 Onion Chopped Brown the ground turkey with the chopped garlic in a large not stick pot until fully cooked through. Drain and rinse canned beans (although you can use dried beans and cook them yourself if you magically have a ridiculous amount of extra time on your hands.... :) Be sure to rinse them though, it gets all the extra sodium and stuff off. Combine all of the beans and can of tomatoes in the pot with the browned turkey and add the 2 packs of seasoning and 2 cups of water (or more if needed), heat through! Serve with chopped onions on top! YUM!
  • Options
    I made this awesome pizza last night that is only 3.5 points a serving! 1 store bought pizza dough 2 large vine ripened tomatos (thinly sliced) 1 T olive oil 1 cup Sargento lowfat italian cheese blend 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil 2 T minced garlic. Set oven for 400 degrees. Roll out pizza dough and put in preheated oven for 4 minutes. Allows dough to set up. Take out and brush top with olive oil. Cover entire top of pizza with a layer of the thinly sliced tomato and then sprinkle with garlic, a bit of salt and pepper. Put pizza back in oven for 5 minutes. Then open the oven and scatter the basil on top of the pizza and sprinkle with 1 cup Sargento Cheese. Then cook till golden brown. Cut into 8 slices. I made this up last night and it was sooo good!
  • Options
    So P.S. I made that soup that Soontobeklg posted hear last night (after I read it, it just sounded so yummy) to eat for lunch today!! SOOO yummy! Hadn't had butternut squash soup in a while and it was good! Thanks for the recipe!! :)
  • Options
    Crispy ChickenChicken legs (Skin off)4T Wholewheat flour1T Chicken saltPepperGround chillies1 egg beaten with 2T waterMix the dry ingredients togetherCoat the chicken legs in the egg mix and then with the flour mixBake in oven for 30 minutes at 180C, turning every 10 minutesI had this for dinner last night, and it was like KFC but much better for you. I had it with homemade baked fries and and steamed vegies
  • Options
    Homemade Peppermint Mocha(tastes exactly like Starbucks)For peppermint mocha sauce:In a medium saucepan, wisk 1/3 cup packed brown sugar with 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa. Add 1/3 cup fat-free half & half. Do not bring to boil, but continue wisking until there is steam rising. Add 1/4 tsp vanilla extract & 1/8 tsp peppermint extract (or more if you like).To make mocha:Brew some strong coffee. Fill mug about 1/3 of the way with nonfat milk & zap in the microwave for about 30 seconds, or until hot. Add coffee to milk, filling mug about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way full. Add mocha sauce to fill mug.I found the recipe for this sauce in a WW magazine, but it was for topping a cake. I'm not sure what the points are for this, but it's delicious. :)
  • Options
    Chicken with peppers and onions: I boil the chicken (usually one breast per person) until it is cooked and falling apart (a couple hours, but you can also shred it with forks as soon as it is done cooking) Coat a big fry pan with pam, stick in however and whatever vegetables you want (I usually use onions, peppers, broccoli, corn, carrots, and celery) and cook until caramelized and tender. Add in chicken and taco seasoning to taste. I also add water or stock (a little bit at a time) to create a little bit of sauce (not that you could ever spoon out, but just enough so it's not seasoning powder on the veggies and chicken. You can serve it with pretty much anything. I usually make Mexican rice for FI, but I put it on spinach :) You can also top it with ff sour cream and cheese. The points depend on what you put in it and on it, but it's a great way for me to get my veggies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards