Getting in Shape
Options

Too much water

I have noticed that a lot of the ladies on here suggest water and a lot of it and while i am a strict advocate for water as well I do want to warn anyone with High Blood Pressure too much water is very dangerous for you. It will spike you're BP even more and can cause you to have a stroke. I was in the ER with my mom this past weekend for this (her drinking too much water and spiking her BP). But, like I said I am a firm believer in drinking water I don't like soda myself. Just thought I'd share hopefully to prevent this from happening to anyone else.

Re: Too much water

• Options
    Thanks for the heads up and I hope your mom is alright!
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice.  I don't have high blood pressure, but others in my family who are trying to lose weight due, so I'll pass this on.  Thanks again and I hope your mother is doing well.
  • Options
    I agree to be careful with the water - just drink when you are thirsty is the best rule of thumb. :)  Or after exercising.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Good post; there is actually such a thing as "water intoxication" (yeah, whodathunk?). Here in California there have been multiple cases of it happening in the last couple years.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards