Getting in Shape
Options

What's your routine?

1) How many days a week do you work out?2) How many days of that is cardio? How long is the cardio duration?3) How many days of that is lifting? (weights) How long is the lifting duration?4) How many days of that is classes? (kickboxing, spinning, etc).5) How many meals a day do you eat?6) How many days a week do you eat out?7) Do you think you're getting enough protein in your diet? (if you don't mind sharing, how many grams are you getting a day?)8) Are you on any special weightloss plan (WW, etc) or are you winging it yourself?9) Are you afraid to lift weights because of getting too "bulky"?10) If you could have any junk food in the world, no guilt attached, what would it be?11) What is your goal? Lose weight? Maintain weight? Gain muscle?Thanks for humoring me ladies! I'm always curious where other gym rats stand!

Re: What's your routine?

• Options
    1) How many days a week do you work out? Right now 3-4, I want to get back up to 5 though once im totally healed2) How many days of that is cardio? How long is the cardio duration? 4 of cardio, will be 5 once I bump up. Cardio is usually 30-40 minutes of intense rowing and spin biking3) How many days of that is lifting? (weights) How long is the lifting duration? 3 days of weights. It usually takes me 45-60min to do all of the weights I want to do, generally 7-9 kinds. 4) How many days of that is classes? (kickboxing, spinning, etc). No classes right now. Might start spinning again once im healed5) How many meals a day do you eat? three, snack in the afternoon, sometimes snack at night6) How many days a week do you eat out? rarely, if ever. Once a month, max7) Do you think you're getting enough protein in your diet? (if you don't mind sharing, how many grams are you getting a day?) Yes. I eat between 100-130g a day8) Are you on any special weightloss plan (WW, etc) or are you winging it yourself? winging it baby. Counting calories and eating as many whole foods as I can. I also dont eat carbs at night. 9) Are you afraid to lift weights because of getting too "bulky"? Bah! thats a myth. I love how I feel and look doing heavy weights. 10) If you could have any junk food in the world, no guilt attached, what would it be? smart food11) What is your goal? Lose weight? Maintain weight? Gain muscle? right now it is lose weight/inches, increase my fitness level and become stronger overall. Once I meet my size goals I will probably continue to stay strong.
  • Options
    Very cool Nebb, keep up the hard work and wishing you a speedy recovery!Here's my answers too (this board seems to be slow tonight!)1) How many days a week do you work out?--- 5. 2) How many days of that is cardio? How long is the cardio duration?--- 5, at least 30 mins, but on average an hour. 3) How many days of that is lifting? (weights) How long is the lifting duration?--- 5, but split up the muscle groups to give newly worked out muscles at least 24 hours heal time. 4) How many days of that is classes? (kickboxing, spinning, etc).--- 4. Kickboxing Mondays, Dancing on Wednesdays, Zumba on Thursdays, Spinning on Fridays. 5) How many meals a day do you eat?--- A LOT lol. 6) How many days a week do you eat out?--- Probably once a week... love me some Chipotle!7) Do you think you're getting enough protein in your diet? (if you don't mind sharing, how many grams are you getting a day?)--- Yup. About 150g per day. 8) Are you on any special weightloss plan (WW, etc) or are you winging it yourself?--- Winging. 9) Are you afraid to lift weights because of getting too "bulky"?--- Nope. I don't see how it's possible for a woman to become bulky unless she really, really tries to become bulky. It's not a natural occurrence for a female. 10) If you could have any junk food in the world, no guilt attached, what would it be?--- A strong margarita with nachos drenched in cheese and jalapenos. Nom nom!11) What is your goal? Lose weight? Maintain weight? Gain muscle?--- Gain muscle; lose the weight I gained post-surgery (about 10 lbs). 
  • Options
    Thanks :) Im almost back to normal it just hurts slightly after working out, which is a huge improvement. Ive been going to physio and i should be 100% in a week or two. I will probably still take it "easy" for another couple of weeks though before increasing my workouts again.
  • Options
    1) How many days a week do you work out?5 now 2) How many days of that is cardio? How long is the cardio duration? 45-60 mins on a stairmaster while watching greys anatomy 3) How many days of that is lifting? (weights) How long is the lifting duration? I can't cause of my back4) How many days of that is classes? (kickboxing, spinning, etc). None5) How many meals a day do you eat? I try to eat 4 times a day small meals6) How many days a week do you eat out? none now7) Do you think you're getting enough protein in your diet? (if you don't mind sharing, how many grams are you getting a day?)the recomended amount8) Are you on any special weightloss plan (WW, etc) or are you winging it yourself?doing it myself9) Are you afraid to lift weights because of getting too "bulky"?10) If you could have any junk food in the world, no guilt attached, what would it be?cupcakes11) What is your goal? Lose weight? Maintain weight? Gain muscle?lose weight
  • Options
    1) How many days a week do you work out? generally 5, but am pursuing a 30 day challenge right now.2) How many days of that is cardio? How long is the cardio duration?3) How many days of that is lifting? (weights) How long is the lifting duration?Generally, I do yoga every day (power yoga) for at least an hour.  I try to go running once a week as well, or do one of my cardio based circuit training videos (JM or Tae Bo)4) How many days of that is classes? (kickboxing, spinning, etc). zero- I don't belong to a gym5) How many meals a day do you eat? 36) How many days a week do you eat out? 0 (dead broke)7) Do you think you're getting enough protein in your diet? (if you don't mind sharing, how many grams are you getting a day?)  No, I don't.  I have food allergies, and can't have any commercial protein supplements.  Lately, the smell of meat has been making me very nauseated, so I've pulled back.  Trying to incorporate more eggs, though.8) Are you on any special weightloss plan (WW, etc) or are you winging it yourself?  Winging it.9) Are you afraid to lift weights because of getting too "bulky"?  Yes.  My muscle structure and body type bulk VERY quickly.  I stick to plyometric type workouts to tone my muscles and help them lean-out without building bulk.  Heavy lifting for me adds inches to my muscle groups almost instantaneously.10) If you could have any junk food in the world, no guilt attached, what would it be? popcorn and chocolate.11) What is your goal? Lose weight? Maintain weight? Gain muscle?  Goal is to lose 10-15lbs and tone down.  I have a sheath dress, and it shows EVERYTHING, so I want to look really good in it.
  • Options
    1) How many days a week do you work out?5-62) How many days of that is cardio? How long is the cardio duration?5-6 usually about 30 minutes3) How many days of that is lifting? (weights) How long is the lifting duration?just started weight training this week first time took about 60 minutes second about 45, today is my third day4) How many days of that is classes? (kickboxing, spinning, etc).none5) How many meals a day do you eat?at least 36) How many days a week do you eat out?usually none7) Do you think you're getting enough protein in your diet? (if you don't mind sharing, how many grams are you getting a day?)I don't break down into gram I eat at least 3 servings a day.  A serving size for me is about 6 oz of chicken.8) Are you on any special weightloss plan (WW, etc) or are you winging it yourself?I see a nutritionist9) Are you afraid to lift weights because of getting too "bulky"?no10) If you could have any junk food in the world, no guilt attached, what would it be?chedder fries11) What is your goal? Lose weight? Maintain weight? Gain muscle?my goal is to lose weight still
  • Options
    1) How many days a week do you work out? 5-62) How many days of that is cardio? How long is the cardio duration? 5-6, 45-60 min3) How many days of that is lifting? (weights) How long is the lifting duration? 3, 55 min classes4) How many days of that is classes? (kickboxing, spinning, etc). 4...I take several total body conditioning classes and a couple step classes each week5) How many meals a day do you eat? 3 6) How many days a week do you eat out? on average probably 17) Do you think you're getting enough protein in your diet? (if you don't mind sharing, how many grams are you getting a day?) no 8) Are you on any special weightloss plan (WW, etc) or are you winging it yourself? just eating healthy, unprocessed whole foods.  Lots of fruits, vegetables and whole grains.  9) Are you afraid to lift weights because of getting too "bulky"? no10) If you could have any junk food in the world, no guilt attached, what would it be? pizza!11) What is your goal? Lose weight? Maintain weight? Gain muscle? lose lots of weight!
  • Options
    1) How many days a week do you work out?    Depends, but usually try to get in 4-5 2) How many days of that is cardio? How long is the cardio duration?    Cardio each day, between 20-60 mins3) How many days of that is lifting? (weights) How long is the lifting duration?    Well, I do 30DS and NMTZ with weights, 20-40 mins,    about 3 days a week4) How many days of that is classes? (kickboxing, spinning, etc).     No classes 5) How many meals a day do you eat?    36) How many days a week do you eat out?    1-27) Do you think you're getting enough protein in your diet? (if you don't mind sharing, how many grams are you getting a day?)I don't know how many I get, but I'm sure I can stand to get some more8) Are you on any special weightloss plan (WW, etc) or are you winging it yourself?Weight Watchers and I love it9) Are you afraid to lift weights because of getting too "bulky"?I'm just not a fan of lifting weights period10) If you could have any junk food in the world, no guilt attached, what would it be?Brownies11) What is your goal? Lose weight? Maintain weight? Gain muscle?Lose weight and tone up.
    TEST
  • Options
    1) 5-6 days a week. Sometimes less when I'm traveling a lot for work. 2) straight cardio 3 times a week, but I do a couple of classes that mix high intensity cardio with weight training. The pure cardio time is 40-50 minutes at a time. 3) 3 times a week, and pilates 2-3 times a week. The pilates I go to is very intense and is definitely building a lot of muscle even though there's no weight lifting involved. Lifting usually lasts 30-60 minutes. 4) I go to classes 4 days a week. Monday is bootcamp, Tuesday pilates, Thursday aerobics, lifting, and pilates, and Sunday pilates. Those can change, but that's usually close to the schedule. I also really want to start taking a ballet class, so I'm seeing where that will fit in the schedule. 5) 3 meals, 2 snacks. Sometimes 2 meals and 4 snacks. 6) 1-2 meals a week, but I'm very very careful about what I order when I go out. 7) 60-100 grams a day usually. 60 is the bare minimum though. 8) wingin it! I think I learn a lot better on my own this way, and have to do mybown research rather than listen to a program that might have ulterior motives. (like WW selling their WW brand foods... Suspicious.) ;) 9) nope. I've been seriouslynlifting since January and am very toned but not at all bulky. I love lifting and being strong. And seeing my buff arms is a bonus. 10) five guys. It's so amazing. 11) trying to lose the last 5-10 pounds. Getting closer and closer to maintenance mode! 7)
  • Options
    Blerg, sorry about the typos! The iPhone is not ideal for knotting... :)
  • Options
    1) How many days a week do you work out? 3 right now -- I'm just starting out.2) How many days of that is cardio? How long is the cardio duration? 40 mins. of each workout is cardio3) How many days of that is lifting? (weights) How long is the lifting duration? 20 mins. of each workout is lifting4) How many days of that is classes? (kickboxing, spinning, etc). None right now, but my gym offers classes now, so you can bet I'll be joining a couple!5) How many meals a day do you eat? 3 meals with two light snacks each day6) How many days a week do you eat out? Friday nights are our date nights7) Do you think you're getting enough protein in your diet? (if you don't mind sharing, how many grams are you getting a day?) I would like to think so.  I love eggs, chicken, etc...8) Are you on any special weightloss plan (WW, etc) or are you winging it yourself? Winging it.9) Are you afraid to lift weights because of getting too "bulky"? Nah.  I need to tone up.10) If you could have any junk food in the world, no guilt attached, what would it be?  Peanut Butter 24/7 on everything! lol11) What is your goal? Lose weight? Maintain weight? Gain muscle? Goal is to lose weight and tone up.  I'm a bit "soft", and I don't like it one bit!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards