Getting in Shape
Options

Gym pet peeves

What are yours?

- It drives me bonkers when people leave hand weights all over the gym - on the treadmills, in the middle of the floor, on other weight machines. You picked it up from the rack, you can surely put it back!! It also agrivates me when people leave mats, balls, and other items lying all over the place. Put stuff BACK!!

- When there is no squirt bottles for cleaning of the machines in sight, yet there are signs everywhere to wipe off the machines!

Re: Gym pet peeves

• Options
    Jessie888Jessie888 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2010
    oh boy! I share alot of the same pet peeves!!

I cant stand when people leave weights anywhere other than where they belong. Lots of men leave several 45's on the benches or the squat rack.

I use the squat rack and alot of the men stare at me like I dont belong over there.

Grunters....I always have to laugh

Cheaters... lifting that bum up so high off the bench to lift more weight isnt going to help your pecks! Learn how to keep form!!

Skirt girl... she always wears those tennis skirts, she sweats like crazy, and sits her bare bum on everything. I dont know what is happening "down there", but there is no way she hasnt caught something nasty from the gym yet!

haha that felt so good to vent! good thread!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    it drives me nuts when people don't wipe down their machines! COME ON!  GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and the people that work at the gym don't say anything to them even if they are standing right there!
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_gym-pet-peeves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:13c603c0-f10e-40df-8a93-6d8d74605482Post:e208b312-e8a3-4224-a0dc-ab930b99bfd0">Re: Gym pet peeves</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>it drives me nuts when people don't wipe down their machines!</strong> COME ON!  GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the people that work at the gym don't say anything to them even if they are standing right there!
    Posted by demeoja[/QUOTE]
    Im a bit of an a-hole at the gym and if I see someone jump off a machine and walk away I will say "yuck" or "blegh!" or make a disgusted face at them when they walk past. I am too chicken to actually say "excuse me, are you going to whipe that off" so I take the passive agressive route
  • Options
    I'd hate to live with someone that is capable of leaving a machine like that!  Imagine what they do when they cook with raw meat...  double gross!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_gym-pet-peeves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:13c603c0-f10e-40df-8a93-6d8d74605482Post:7b6df295-7ffd-44bb-bba7-aeeac32f2b3f">Re: Gym pet peeves</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gym pet peeves : Im a bit of an a-hole at the gym and if I see someone jump off a machine and walk away I will say "yuck" or "blegh!" or make a disgusted face at them when they walk past. I am too chicken to actually say "excuse me, are you going to whipe that off" so I take the passive agressive route
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

For the life of me, I have not been able to find <em>anything</em> to wipe down machines with at my Premier.  The papertowel things are always empty and they have these things on the walls that look like they should have disinfectant wipes in them, but they're always empty too.

Gross.

I hate the treadmill cheaters.  But you guys have covered that.

I also hate it when I can't find a set of 20 lb dumbbells, like today, jerks.

I <em>also</em> hate people who lie to you about how many sets they have left and then hog the freaking squat rack.  I want to squat dammit.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_gym-pet-peeves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:13c603c0-f10e-40df-8a93-6d8d74605482Post:0f9ae3f7-b8e2-440b-9990-9d4421984e5f">Re: Gym pet peeves</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't go to the gym anymore but my worst pet peeve was the boob job girl running in a sports bra.  Would it kill you to put on a tank top.  I also hate booty shorts.  Other peoples sweet grosses me out I used to have my own bleach water mixture to wipe stuff down.
    Posted by angelandlibby[/QUOTE]

It's not exactly a pet peeve of mine, but I have noticed that when I work out it's like shift change for strippers or something.  There's some comedy to be had when all the young guys double the weights they're lifting when one of the girls walks by.  One young buck mad dogged me at the neighboring squat rack, then added 90lbs to his lift, did half a rep and then limped away while looking like he was  trying not to cry.

Fortunately I'm too old to be susceptible to such folly. 
  • Options

This is really just one person at my gym, but I'm sure other gyms have them, too. It's the middle-aged woman who is literally a size 0- but has Triple D fake boobs, and works out like 3 hours a day wearing only a regular (ie, push up or demi, not a sports) bra with a teensy-tiny size XS tank top (not workout top, but a cute top you'd wear out). No support, so the boobs are literally coming out of the top. She's also orange, and has tons of makeup on.

I'm a busty girl myself (naturally of course), and my goal while working out is to minimize the bounce and control any cleavage as much as possible. For my own comfort and for the benefit of everyone around me. For some reason it drives me crazy to see her huge fake boobs flying around without even a hint of support or modesty. And the weirdest thing is that she is doing this in aerobics classes that are 100% females, and there are no men in sight that she is trying to impress.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_gym-pet-peeves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:13c603c0-f10e-40df-8a93-6d8d74605482Post:a994a850-1374-4c83-8400-749b80200bf1">Re: Gym pet peeves</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is really just one person at my gym, but I'm sure other gyms have them, too. It's the middle-aged woman who is literally a size 0- but has Triple D fake boobs, and works out like 3 hours a day wearing only a regular (ie, push up or demi, not a sports) bra with a teensy-tiny size XS tank top (not workout top, but a cute top you'd wear out). No support, so the boobs are literally coming out of the top. She's also orange, and has tons of makeup on. Posted by crnota[/QUOTE]

Agreed! We have a few of these and it DRIVES ME!

Also, we have some people that are "regulars", they're at the gym every day for hours (which isn't necessarily bad) but they're so effin' stuck up about it! I go down to our weight room about twice a week and almost everytime I hear "Oh.  Haven't seen you around before.  That's (insert one syllable name here)'s usual spot."  I'm like wtf? You're here enough that you have a "spot"?!  I just want to use the machines or the weights but most of the time I feel like they don't want me down there.  It really annoying. So I usually just go soemwhere else.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    --Anyone on a cell phone on a machine. STFU already.

--People who save themsevles or a friend spots in the classes I want, and then skip like the first 15 minutes, and come and go at will, even though I'm crammed into a corner so you can spread your stuff out in your "regular" spot.

--when someone takes a treadmill right next to me when there are like 10 free in the row. I know it's just my problem, but why not go *way* over there, away from me? Hmmp. I'm a grump sometimes ;-)
  • Options
    ^^ ugh i completely agree about the classes!! Our spin signs up go out 1/2 hour before class. I get there 1/2 hour to sign up and sometimes there is already a line forming. And several people sign up skirt girl (see my above post), she comes in 10 minutes late and i see people who didnt get to sign up who were there well ahead of time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards