Getting in Shape
Options

My dress is in! (LJish)

And I'm a little freaked out.  I was between sizes and had them order the smaller size.  I'm only down 8 pounds from when I got measured-which may or maynot be about half a size.  I still have 3 months until the wedding, but I'm freaking out!  Talk about motivation to work out tomorrow morning!  I've promised myself that I will not try on the dress until I'm down another 1.8 pounds.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: My dress is in! (LJish)

• Options
    Can you find the size chart for the designer?  If you can, check your measurements against what they suggest for the size you ordered.  You might be fine already!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LittleKatie we are in the same boat! My dress is a lil small and wedding in 3 months! 
  • Options
    OMG! Same here. I was between two sizes. I had just lost 14 lbs so I decided to go with the smaller size because my goal is to lose 10-15 more. My wedding is a little under 5 months away. I ordered it Sat and told myself I would not try it on when it came unles I was at my target weight.

You guys should be ok. You still have three months left. Good luck to all!! 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    OK, well I am in the opposite boat because I am picking up my dress tonight and I am worried it will be TOO big.  I have a bigger chest, and when I ordered, I was wearing a street size 10, but I needed to order a dress size 14 for my chest.  Well I've since lost close to 20 lbs and I am wearing a street size 6 or 8 (depending on the brand/style) and I have lost a lot of weight in my chest (of course)!  I know they can alter, but I'm still a little worried.  The good thing is I only plan on losing ~5 more pounds so as long as its doable tonight, I'm not planning to lost a ton more weight.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I hate that you have to pick a size 9 months before you wear the dress!  I've never stayed the same size for 9 months in a row, that's just not how I am.  Oh well, I should try on the darn dress and figure out what needs to be done (either with me or the dress)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_dress-ljish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:184e4794-95c6-4007-bd0a-349499de134bPost:8e55a197-30a5-418e-aadf-0fd390925344">Re: My dress is in! (LJish)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate that you have to pick a size 9 months before you wear the dress!  I've never stayed the same size for 9 months in a row, that's just not how I am.  Oh well, I should try on the darn dress and figure out what needs to be done (either with me or the dress)
    Posted by LittleKatie13[/QUOTE]

I hear ya on that.  I ordered mine 12 months out because my dress was <em>slightly </em>more than I wanted to spend and they were willing to knock off a couple hundred bucks if I paid that day.  I was planning to lose weight, but didn't want to put too much pressure on myself so I ordered the dress that fit at the time.  Ugh, I am excited to have my dress, but worried at the same time.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards