Getting in Shape
Options

Newbie Here, Wishing I Could Lose 20 lbs

Hi everyone :)
Like pretty much all of you, I'm newly engaged and looking to lose some weight. I don't consider myself overweight but I WAS 20 lbs lighter when I met my future fiancee. My current stats are 138 lbs, 5'2". I'm bordering on a size 10 again and I really would prefer to be back down to 115-120lb range as size 4-6. I have a petite frame, so does my mom and my aunts so I know I've just let myself go in the last couple of years.
Before, my lifestyle was totally different - I was out with girlfriends every weekend, dancing, drinking, i.e. NOT settled down quite yet. I was burning calories cocktail waitressing till the wee hours, and probably didn't have the best diet because I usually only ate when I had time or felt like it.
Long story short, I've settled down. We bought a house last May with a beautiful kitchen and I cook. A lot. I love food. But now that I'm 20 lbs heavier. In the last three months, about 12-15 of those pounds are from  getting on the Depoprovera shot, which, as of this week, I'm no longer on.
I bought a treadmill and downloaded the Couch 2 5k app, which I love. I just need to find the motivation to stick with getting active again.
More importantly that exercise, however, is diet. I AM that person who orders french fries with the works and a DIET coke thinking it will be fine. I know that's not right, and I'm on sparkpeople.com, but I just need to incorporate more healthy eating choices in my life. I'm a pescetarian (eat fish but NO other meat) so I think that helps.
Anyways, I hope this isn't boring you and I really look forward to reading everyone's ideas and thoughts on healthy choices, eliminating the idea of fad diets, utilizing proper tools (I AM open to the idea of diet pills, there are just some days that I need that extra oomph of energy from Hydroxcut that a cup of coffee just doesn't do), and seeking out any and all resources that help in good diet and exercise choices.
See you along this journey :)

~Liz
For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards