Getting in Shape
Options

Ring at the gym?

Just curious how many of you ladies wear your engagement ring while working out at the gym? 

Re: Ring at the gym?

• Options
    If I'm working out at the fitness center in my apartment complex, I leave it at home in its box. If I'm working out pretty much anywhere else, I wear it. It gets kind of sweaty and gross, though, so I'd also love brilliant ideas about how to keep it safe but take it off. :-)
  • Options
    I didn't wear it for the first couple weeks because it was still so shiny and new! But I sort of realized it would be a pain to keep that up forever, so now I wear it and don't even think about it.

Besides, it's gotta help keep the gym creepers away a little bit, right?
  • Options
    ajopusajopus member
    First Comment
    edited January 2010
    True. Plus it's good a good visual reminder of why I need to keep going!
  • Options

AJ, that is what I do too. I love wearing it but it gets sweaty and scratched up at the gym.  If I'm working out away from home, I never ever ever take it off!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_ring-gym?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:1f640154-f68b-4a3b-8d0d-3a3dfcc3a612Post:1f9bd032-9294-4332-8c51-73f59aeb7577">Re: Ring at the gym?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't wear it for the first couple weeks because it was still so shiny and new! But I sort of realized it would be a pain to keep that up forever, so now I wear it and don't even think about it. Besides, it's gotta help keep the gym creepers away a little bit, right?
    Posted by abbycobb812[/QUOTE]

Totally true!  I WANT to wear it to the gym and keep the creepers away.  I guess I should just wear it and get it taken to the jeweler for more regular cleanings and stone checks ;) !
  • Options
    I do not, I dont like it moving around because of me sweating or cutting into my hand when I do weights. If I forget to leave it at home I stuff it in my wallet.
  • Options
    I wore it ALL THE TIME when I first got it. Now my workouts have gotten more intense and I don't usually wear the ring because I don't want it to get dirty or scratched. I do wear it sometimes, though, because it keeps creepy guys from hitting on me! I also don't wear it in the bath, walking the dog, or doing the dishes...
  • Options
    Absolutely not. First of all, I'm not much of a jewelry person to begin with, so it actually feels more natural to me to not wear it at all.

Secondly, with the workouts I do and the unique setting my ring has, I'm terrified it's going to get bent or broken.

And lastly, I have actually managed to keep my ring shiny, and I don't want to mess it up with sweat and general gym gunk :o)
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • Options
    My bag has a key ring on the inside that locks closed, so if I'm going to do weights, I will slip it on there (and leave it in my locked locker).  If I'm just doing cardio, I leave it on.  I do take it off when I go outside to exercise, things like hiking and kayaking.
  • Options
    I agree dsb! I like to occasionally see my ring catch the light and remind me to run a little faster so I can look super in my dress. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards