Getting in Shape
Options

Athletic Build

I hate it when magazines and fashion publications refer to "athletic builds" as women who are generally square... no waist, no curves.  I hate it!

I consider myself to be athletically built, because I'm more muscular than lanky.  I do have a waist, I do have curves and I do not look like a boy!

Vent over....

Re: Athletic Build

• Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I guess they figure that "Boyish" or "Flat chested" wouldn't go over very well... :P  I think the whole fashion industry is just crazy.

We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with you that women with curves can have athletic builds.  Vent away!
  • Options
    agreed. i'm athletically-built, in that i have muscles and am not "petite" despite my 5'2" frame. and yet, magically, i have an ass. that said - where can i find some pants that fit? lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The jeans that fit me best are baby phat.  They have room in the thighs and butt, but the waist is smaller.
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Try looking at Ann Taylor Loft... they have a cruvy style jean.  It has a smaller waist and leaves more room in the thighs and butt.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    just saw this - thanks girls!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Most of the "body types" that fashion magazines use don't seem to be representative of many women. I still can't figure out whether I should be "athletic," "hourglass," or "inverted triangle". My bust/waist/hips fit the traditional hourglass standard, but my shoulders are much wider than my hips. Since I'm a competitive athlete, I have defined arm muscles, and thicker, muscular thighs. Basically, I don't fit into any of their categories at all!

It's kind of annoying cause I can't use the magazines' recommendations on what styles look best on certain figures, so I just have to go try on different styles for myself to see what looks  best.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards