Getting in Shape
Options

HELP!!!!!

I am having a huge problem!! I ordered my gown in late October and it came in this week.  I went to try it on yesterday and it is too small!  The saleslady there thought the specs might not be right, but called the designer and they said they were right.  When I ordered the dress, I told the saleslady that I wanted the size that I fit into that day, cause I didn't want the stress of trying to lose weight to fit into something.  She ordered me a size 12, but when I looked at the paperwork yesterday, my waist was a 1/2 larger than a size 12.  I have gained a few pounds, and my waist is 2 1/2 inches bigger than it was in October.  I must have gained the few pounds in my stomach.  They said I could order some extra material and have a panel sewn in, but there are lots of appliques on the bodice, so not sure how that would look.
I was upset and talked to the manger, because I felt the larger size should have been ordered, even if I was only 1/2 inch too big. She said 1/2 inch wouldn't make a difference, which I don't understand.   I really didn't know what I was doing, and was relying on the saleslady to guide me.  I'm not sure what to do, because my wedding is July 3rd and they said they don't think there is enough time to get another dress in.  And, the manager said the saleslady ordered the right size, even though I was 1/2 too big in the waist.

I'm just frantic over this and don't know what to do.  My fitting is scheduled for the 15th of May, and I'm not sure if I can lose 2 and 1/2 inches around my waist.  The dress was quite expensive and I'm not sure what to do if they refuse or can't get another dress from the designer, other than starving myself for 1 and 1/2 months.

Any suggestions?????

Re: HELP!!!!!

• Options
    Definitely don't starve yourself! There are a couple of options here:

1. Have the dress you already have altered. Could they add in a corset back? I don't know if that will be enough with 2 1/2 extra inches but its worth asking. 

2. Either return (if thats an option, and I would push for it since you are unhappy with their service) or sell the dress you have. Look at buying a new one from outside of a bridal shop (try Ebay, preownedweddingdresses.com, trash to treasure, etc) a lot of those dresses come from brides in similar situations and haven't even been worn. 

Hope that helps! So sorry that you're stuck in this situation!
  • Options
    diet & exercise. thats what im doing. My dress doesnt zip all the way up the back and im getting married in 2 months. hoping that watching what I eat and working out will help me lose the weight in the back where i need to.  I think this week I am going to up my cardio so I do some in the am and some after work. You can track your calories on the daily plate. com or sparkpeople.com
    Hope that helps! :o)
  • Options
    if you have a taylor you trust, you can have the applique sewn in so that you don't even notice... a lot of times there will be a zipper or buttons that can be 'stretched' a bit using the applique.  also, maybe think about  having a lace-up instead of buttons?
    if nothing else sounds good, just try this simple loose-weight philosophy:
    1.  if you're not already exercising, walking can burn many more calories than one may think.  also, i climb stairs during my 15 minute breaks at work and you wouldn't believe how good my butt's starting to look!
    2.  cut out white flour, refined (white) sugar, and all soda.  this includes the sugar in coffee, tea, juice, etc.  i had a problem with cutting out soda for a while, but found that tea would comfort my headaches and when you add lemon, or even 0-calorie sweetner, you've got a great, refreshing drink.  also, if you use whole wheat four in recipes, there really isn't much difference in taste.
    i hope this helps and i'm so sorry that people don't understand the nature of their work.  i've seen too often people ordering a size too small and then it's still too small because they didn't loose the entire 5 pounds that the salesperson thought they could.

• Options
    Calm down, you'll be okay. I would recommend tracking what you are eating through sparkpeople or the daily plate. Start doing some cardio - treadmill, elliptical, bike, jogging around your neighborhood, anything. I'd also find an ab workout and start that. If you have a gym membership or access to a gym, you might want to talk to a personal trainer, but you can find good ab workouts online that you can do in about 10-15 minutes a day. If you do other weight-lifting or strength excercises it will help build muscle in the rest of your body, which will help you burn more calories when you are at rest and maintain your body a lot better. Aim to start working out at least 4 times a week if possible. Good luck!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards