Getting in Shape
Options

unmotivated bride...what motivates you?

I know I should be working out. my first fitting is in 5 months and I know the thought of looking hot in my dress should be motivation enough...but its not working. I can't seem to stay motivated and stick to a work out routine. So I was hoping to get some motivation from my fellow knotties. What motivates you?

Re: unmotivated bride...what motivates you?

• Options
    I almost always have to go the the gym.  When I try to work out at home with a video I always slack off because I feel like no one is watching or judging me.  But if I'm at the gym I get the feeling that everyone is watching me, which motivates me to run just a bit longer, or a bit faster.

sounds crazy, i know... but it works.

also if you are on a bike, treadmill, an eclipical machine, or simply lifting weights try listening to an Ipod or MP3 player with a fast beat;

Good luck
  • Options
    my motivation is the unthinkable: I bought a sample dress that's 2 sizes smaller than I am. I have 1 year to get down about 30lbs (I lost 20 already so another 30 doesn't seem THAT intimidating). Any time I don't feel like getting off the couch, I look at a picture of my dress. And if that doesn't work, I get up and go look at my dress (being careful that FI is no where around).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

My h2b said the most motivating thing to me this morning while eating breakfast.

"I just want you to feel sexy and beautiful"

I want frame those words so when I feel like giving up and giving in I can just look at that and remember.

• Options
    I have to focus on how good I KNOW I'll feel after the workout. As long as I can lace up my sneakers, I can (usually) force myself to go. There's something about putting on workout-related clothes that helps. It's tough, but when I get unmotivated I look at my arms (my prob area) and it gets me going. Downside (not really!) is that my FH tells me all the time that he thinks I'm pretty the way I am, so sometimes he is very unmotivating!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I try on my dress, lol.  I gained about 10 lbs between orderng my dress and trying it on again on New Years (almost a year... my dress came in reallly, really early)

.  It really wasn't that bad, but it was enough to make me realize I had to change things (again), because whatever I was doing just wasn't helping.  I'm down 5 lbs, and hoping for at least 10 more, but I would be happy with 5. 
  • Options
    seriously, i thought i was the only one sneaking in secret workouts in the bathroom!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Set a goal for yourself UNRELATED to your wedding day. I know, weird. But I myself wanted another focus, something to let off of wedding planning stress so I signed myself up for a 15.6 mile run two weeks before our wedding. It gives me a focus everyday to get something done, it gives me something to look forward too so I am not constantly thinking about the wedding. Find a race, a competition or something in your hometown and use that for motivation rather than your dress (it can always be let out....). Make it a lifestyle change not just for the day and you'll be more motivated to keep it going!
  • Options
    I am just like alot of the others on here. I am motivated by remembering how good you feel after working out, being able to push or lift a little harder everytime, and the fact that i love the gym environment. 

You just have to get out there and do it! And once you get a routine, eat healthy,and feel great youll want to keep going!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

The best way that I've found to motivate myself is to work out for twice the amt of time I'm watching tv - only allow myself to watch something on tv if I've already earned that time (or watch it while I'm at the gym working out).  I have a few tv shows that I like to watch every week, so this works for me.  (6 hours of exercising = 3 1 hour tv shows)  Pick something you like to do on a regular basis and be stubborn about going to the gym before you do it.  I also like to read at the gym which can be relaxing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards