Getting in Shape

I'm back!

Hi everyone, remember me?

I've been off the boards for a while- got married in April and then spent 2 glorious weeks in Hawaii. Everything was AMAZING and a total blast. It was really hard to come home and adjust to the real world again.

So today I stepped on the scale for the first time since the wedding, and it was not good. I'm up 4 pounds from where I was then, which was about 5 pounds above where I wanted to be. I've just been eating whatever and not working out AT ALL, and obviously that has to stop.

I'm going to sign up for a 5k, which is terrifying because I HATE running and can't run for more than 30 seconds without feeling like I'm going to die. But I need a goal and a schedule and something where I can go run for 30 minutes and be done with it. My summer is going to be crazy busy and I won't have an hour every day to work out. Also, my elbow is still messed up and I'm switching insurance so at this point I can't even start PT until July. So, no weights or pushups or pilates or yoga for me. Boo.

Anyway, I'm going to try to post on here more frequently because I need lots of support and help!

Re: I'm back!

• raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Congrats and welcome back!  Pictures?

As for the running, check out Couch to 5k.  I hated running, but that program made me start to really love it.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • don't feel bad I came back from my cruise last week and now have to lose 7 lbs. not fun.  I need to lose that and I also will be running.. starting out at 15 minutes then working my way up until I can run 45 min to an hour.  This is not constant running.. but jogging and walking and running in incriments. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welcome back! I'm glad everything went well and you had a nice relaxing vacation. Can't wait to see pics! Good luck with the elbow, injuries are so frustrating. I second the C25k, I still don't "love" running but the program is a great way to ease into it with walking/jogging intervals. I just signed up for a 10k, eek.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards