Getting in Shape
Options

Call Out to you New Years Resolution ppl; D

WEll, 1 month later and I was just curious how many of you New Years Newbies are still with us, and how are you doing?  I hope you all have done well! Can't wait to get a progress report.

Re: Call Out to you New Years Resolution ppl; D

• Options
    I'm not a New Year's Noob, but I'm definitely still sticking with my resolutions so far. :)
  • Options
    Like PP, not a NY Newbie, but I am doing decent with my resolutions.
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • Options
    I have been good at keeping my resolution which was a carryover from last year (focused on my workouts), but I'm gaining so apparently it was not enough.  I now need to watch my portions and not eat in the evenings.  My DH weighs about 2x what I weigh, and it's like I'm trying to keep up with him at the dinner table.  Plus he eats all sorts of junk which I usually don't eat, but it is in the house so sometimes it is hard to resist.  I've fallen into some bad habits (food-wise) and need to get control!  :-(
  • Options
    Well I was a regular at the gym previous to NY and then my body decided to sabotage me in early january and give me a painful sore throat, followed by violent coughing which turned into a chest infection that ive just now started to get over. Its been 3 weeks since Ive worked out :(

Its not because Im lazy, its because i really physically could not work out. I couldnt even carry the laundry downstairs without feeling like I was going to pass out from exhaustion.
  • Options
    My New Year's goal was to lose weight, be healthy, and feel comfortable, toned, and happy with my body when I go to Aruba this summer. As of now I have only lost 3 pounds. However, I did start the 30 Day Shred on Tuesday and today is day 6. I have not lost any weight but I feel like my stomach is smaller. I feel more toned and feel good about working out so I know that counts for something. I plan to really kick it up a notch this month because I only have right at 4 months before I have to wear a bathing suit. :/ Staying positive though! :)

• Options
    iamjoesgirl, my H eats a TON (and weighs less than I do to, jerk).  I used to be the same way about wanting to keep up with him at the table, but finaly realized that just nooooo way to be.  My advice it so just eat slower.  If he's going up for a second potion, just eat your food twice as slowly as him, that way you're still sitting down and eating at the same time, but you're getting a smaller portion.

Derek seriously ate 4 salad wraps last night in the time it took me to eat one.  Man's a pig.

This year I opted not to make any resolutions.  I did take advantage of the NY's sales at the gym to score a membership 50% off, but that was more of a timinig thing.  I have gone to the gym to lift 3 days a week for the last 3.5 weeks, so I'm pleased with that.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not a newbie, but my goal was to just get back on track after the holidays.  I still am not where I was.  I definitely lost some of my self control and am working very hard to get it back.  It's getting better and I'm working out more and eating better, but I'm not to where I was before Christmas.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2010
    I started posting around New Years although I'd been lurking for a while before that.  And I'm still around!  I'm down 8.6 pounds this month, even with a couple weeks of not doing so great and my last weigh-in being during TOM.  So I'm feeling pretty good about it.  FI swears he can tell a difference, but I don't notice it.  I'm really enjoying the "on demand" workouts on cable, and I'm getting up the nerve to try the gym at the apartment complex, it's got some machines that I want to try.  Y'all also inspired me to buy some heavier weights, and I'm glad I did, I'm still not really "lifting" but I've increased the size of the wieght I use during the cardio stuff that use weights too, my muscles really feel it now after a workout, where as before I thought I could tell. 

I still lurk more than post, but I love reading the accountability threads each day, they give me good meal ideas, even if I'm not brave enough to share yet.

ETA:  FI and I are starting the hundred pushups challenge this week.  I SUCK at push-ups but I refuse to do the cheat ones with my knees down, it's full body plank for this girl, this should be interesting.
  • Options
    Raynes - I started practicing portion control last night.  I decided exactly how much was a reasonable portion and was determined not to go back for seconds.  I know that DH took seconds and maybe even thirds.  I just pushed my plate aside and made myself some hot tea.  Hopefully I can maintain this willpower.  It's just that when I'm not thinking about what I'm doing, I will eat more.  So I am going to try to be more deliberate about what I take, how much it is and when it's gone, it's gone! 
  • Options
    I'm down 3 pounds from New Years, but I'm not sure how reliable the number is. I am fitting into a pair of jeans I bought right after Christmas that were way too snug, which I take as more believable than the scale. :) Dress fitting is this month, so we'll see how it goes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards