Getting in Shape
Options

AW: 5K PR

This morning there was a 5K run on the AF base we are stationed, and I ran it with FI and his flight members. They smoked me (duh) but I finally ran my first sub 30 5K! I'm not a fast runner by any means so this was an awesome accomplishment for me.

So yay! Anyone else want to AW a recent accomplishment?

Re: AW: 5K PR

• Options
    Yay, Mrs.AF!  That's great!

I'm currently doing the "Couch to 5K" program and am in week 3.  I could run 3 miles right now, but god it would be awful.  I have a mental block about running so I'm trying to work it in more slowly.  So far, it's been really good!  In August, we'll see what my times are...

• Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2010
    YAY!  Congrats.  I love your siggy pic.  It's the first time I've seen it.

My recent accomplishment is also running related.  I recently got new running shoes and broke them in last night.  I ran about 1 1/2 miles which is an accomplishment for me!
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    That's awesome Mrs_AF!  I would love to break 30 mins for a 5k.

Not much here, I've been a bit of a lazy bum lately.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    GOOD JOB! I ran my first 5K this past Saturday! I was REALLY happy with myself 26:01.8. If only I had been 2 seconds faster I would have been under 26 mins! My goal was to be under 27 though....which when I started running in Feb and knew I was going to do this race my original goal was to be under 30 mins! I can't get over how well I've taken to running I used to HATE it!
    Nine-Ten Siggy Challenge: Favorite Picture of FI and Me!
    imageimage

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    204image 138image 41image 25image RSVP August 18

• Options
    Mrs_AFMrs_AF member
    First Comment
    Thanks! We did a bunch of cool shots like that by a dumpster lol.
  • Options
    Congrats!  It's always awesome when you beat your goal.  I just ran my first half marathon in 2:06, which is 4 minutes faster than my goal.  6 months ago I would have laughed if someone told me I would run 13 miles, let alone that quickly.
  • Options
    Yay! Congrats! 
    Yesterday we had a 5K on base  as well and even though I did not get my PR, I still came in first place for the ladies....with a time of 21:52. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats, that's awesome!  No AW moment for me--been lazy these past 3 weeks.  School out for the summer + house guest= excuse to be lazy.  But I'm pumped--I finally purchased a new pair of running shoes so I should be running issue free when I start up tomorrow.  And got a cute new running outfit. lol  I'm all jazzed to start back into running, and will be adding in weight lifting (FINALLY).  Finally purchased a wedding dress so I have extra motivation to start getting my muscles back lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards