Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Can I start B&M Monday early? :)

We had a showing on our house today ---- with 10 minutes notice.  

The feedback was that the buyer liked the floorplan but the house was not show-ready.  Hi, there were three of us running around like chickens with our heads cut off to clean, make beds, etc. but I was thrown a bridal shower yesterday so we stacked the gifts neatly in a corner.  The rest of the house is spotless - are you freaking kidding me?  10:00 on a Sunday morning with 10 minutes notice?  Whatever.

ETA:  Oh, the rest of the house wasn't flawless.  There was a bridal shower balloon floating in our dining room...  Too bad the fresh flowers in vases didn't distract them from the balloon.

Re: Can I start B&M Monday early? :)

• Options
    annielouiseannielouise member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would have told them to shove it! 
    I'm exhausted this morning, should have got up and went for a run but I definitely didn't do that.  And what the hell is with people skipping around the office whistling on a Monday morning at 7 am?  If my hands were big enough to fit around the necks of those people, I may be tempted to do something extremely horrible.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I went out to see a concert last night (one of his GMs brothers is a country singer).  I drank a little too much and don't feel good this morning.  I shouldn't of done that on a Sunday night! :-(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    When those storms came through on Friday night, lightening killed our A/C.  It's been so hot!!  Hopefully the A/C guy can fix it this morning. 
    Just need to get through this summer on this A/C and next year we can afford to get a new one. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We house/dog sat for my parents this weekend. I was happy to help, but I feel like I should get another weekend now!... Oh well...
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JessAndColtonJessAndColton member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Our house was disgusting the first time we looked at it.  We still bought it. lol.

My director will be out Thursday, Friday and the whole next week.  I am not looking forward to working 12 hours a day during that time.  :(
  • Options
    angieandjamesangieandjames member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I woke up extra early this morning to my sweet, cuddly doggy puking about six inches from my face.  Guess I should be glad his aim was off...  So I'm at work an hour earlier than normal.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's Monday, period.

DH and I attempted to "fix" a toilet in our house this weekend.  It had a very very slow leak from the tank into the bowl, and being the environmentally friendly person that I am, I wanted to fix it.

Well, after $20 bucks and 3 trips to Lowe's we sucessfully changed the parts, and the leak still didn't stop.

The best part?   We accidentally created a hairline crack in the tank during this process.   So yeah, now we get to buy a whole new tank.  Fabulous.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jess, did you get that job you interviewed for??

I have to wait until next week to hear back from a principal about an interview with her.  I hate that I have to wait a week....but hopefully this will be it!  The school is actually in the district my sister is a speech pathologist for and the elementary school is the school my niece's attend!  It would be so cool to get a job there and be able to see my nieces every day and my sister! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have 2 showers this weekend. I'm not the kind of person who likes a lot of attention, so I'm a little anxious about them.

I spent 6 hours of my day yesterday doing online defensive driving. Blah. What a waste of a perfectly good Sunday.
  • Options
    tnickel06tnickel06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just rushing around this weekend so get everything together in order to change my name on my passport. They are raising the fees $35 tomorrow and I am not paying extra. I already think it is dumb that people who have had their passport over a year have to pay for a renewal fee when they change their name
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_can-start-bm-monday-early?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:28d35734-5262-4b76-89ab-79e63ba7d8abPost:bdde6607-750a-44e7-b2df-e5f1b2365ca3">Re: Can I start B&M Monday early? :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was just rushing around this weekend so get everything together in order to change my name on my passport. They are raising the fees $35 tomorrow and I am not paying extra. I already think it is dumb that people who have had their passport over a year have to pay for a renewal fee when they change their name
    Posted by tnickel06[/QUOTE]

I just heard that from my mom, and she is on her way to try and get it in before the fee increase.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my bridal shower yesterday.  It went well except for my step-monster...I mean step-mom, told me that I needed to "start opening gifts so that some of [them] could get out of there."  This was after she called on Wednesday to let me know that she wouldn't be able to make it on SUNDAY!!!!  Really? You know on Wednesday that you're going to still be sick on Sunday?!?!?!?!  Ugh...she drives me crazy!
  • Options
    seujoanneseujoanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NMac,you wil survive!  I've had showers the past two Saturdays.  A lot of the guests at each knew each other so they all socialized.  The only true "center of attention" part was when I had to do a little speech about how FI and I met and answer questions from people, and then when I opened gifts.  I survived and I'm the shyest person ever!  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I have a test on Friday (and Saturday).  My stress level is through the roof. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    TNickel and Lauren -  wait, I got my passport less than a year ago and they told me I could change my name on it for free as long as I submit it within a year.    Is that what is changing or is it something different?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

FI and I are moving on Thursday... 9 days before our wedding... and I'm struggling to pack my apartment all by myself!! We have a full day of vendor meetings tomorrow and I'm driving out to Frisco today to drop stuff off at my sister's house so I feel like I have NO TIME to get my apartment ready. Maybe I should get off TK....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_can-start-bm-monday-early?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:28d35734-5262-4b76-89ab-79e63ba7d8abPost:1f6b0184-1930-49d5-ac50-d711861e0b93">Re: Can I start B&M Monday early? :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]NMac,you wil survive!  I've had showers the past two Saturdays.  A lot of the guests at each knew each other so they all socialized.  The only true "center of attention" part was when I had to do a little speech about how FI and I met and answer questions from people, and then when I opened gifts.  I survived and I'm the shyest person ever!  :)
    Posted by seujoanne[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the encouragement!

Lacy, how did your shower go other than the stepmother?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The passport fees are just adding to my list of reasons not to bother with a legal name change.  Whatever - maybe I'll get around to it as a 5-year anniversary gift to DH.  :)  Not much to complain about other than I've been back at work for a month since my last vacation and I feel like I already need another one.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    NMac:  It went pretty good.  I wish a few more people would have come, but once I got to thinking about it...everyone I wanted there was there.  I definitely didn't like being the center of attention though.  Good luck with that!!  I still have a shower at my office too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    nmac- which online site did you use?  I have to do this for a ticket I got and I didnt even know you could do it online until I called but they wouldnt give me any information.
  • Options
    stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    David and I met with our insurance guy to get our life insurance policies on Saturday.  Turns out we have to get a ton of medical tests done to even qualify.  So someone will be coming to our house soon to get a urine sample and draw our blood (we have to fast as well).  We will also be weighed and have our blood pressure taken.  Why do things always have to be so complicated?  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're back from Disney and, while it was so crowded, I kind of miss it.  We had such a wonderful time!  However, I have now come back to a messy house, my wonderful friend who visits every month, a bit of melancholy, and the impending doom of a new school year.  I could go on but I'll just leave it at:  I'm in a terrible mood.

Mariah, good luck!!!!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you later this week!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My step dad is still in the hospital and I have no idea when he will be getting out.  Everytime the dr gives us a day something happens.  Today he has had an uncontrollable nose bleed.  Everytime he moves it bleeds more.  His hemoglobens are extremely low so he isn't clotting and he got 2 pints of blood yesterday and will be getting 2 more today. 

I know him and my mom are just exhausted from all this and I wish my mom would get a second opinion but she doesn't want to do that to my step dad to go through more testing so we just have to hope that the dr figures out a way to cure his cancer.  The oncologist he is seeing has never delt with this kind of Lymphoma before but my mom refuses to go anywhere else because the dr seems concerned.  I love them both but me and my sisters want a second opinion from someone who specializes in blood cancers and have even given my mom names and phone numbers but she won't call.  Just needed good news with all this!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_can-start-bm-monday-early?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:28d35734-5262-4b76-89ab-79e63ba7d8abPost:4138f5f8-ead8-410a-b6d9-f22009990037">Re: Can I start B&M Monday early? :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]nmac- which online site did you use?  I have to do this for a ticket I got and I didnt even know you could do it online until I called but they wouldnt give me any information.
    Posted by bobbileighb[/QUOTE]

I just googled defensive driving online Texas. It's $25, you have to pay via credit/debit card once you get to the site.

It's straight forward. But it's just so long and brutally lame. And you have to actually 1/2 way pay attention because they ask you questions regarding the videos and whatnot that they play. Each section is timed, so even if it takes you 30 seconds to read the material, you have to sit there for all 3 minutes until it's timed out, then you can go on to the next. It took me from 3:30, to 10:30. Including a final exam, 2 required 15 minute breaks, and a required 30 minute break.

Blah.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ughhh, $576 to fix the A/C.  Stupid freaking lightening.  Not worth claiming insurance for but a hell of a lot more than I have laying around right now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    emailing fighting with my FI right now!!!! he thinks it is ok for one of his 'always late' friends and his wife to "just show up" if they decide to come to my FI's b-day party that i'm planning for the 23rd. it is a dress up, sit down dinner that i'm spending alot of time and money to plan. i NEED to know BEFORE he arrives if he and the wife are coming... how is that so difficult to understand!!!! and why does my FI think this behavior is acceptable?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_can-start-bm-monday-early?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:28d35734-5262-4b76-89ab-79e63ba7d8abPost:dc9f08bb-9213-4787-9bcc-0c8ec582b349">Re: Can I start B&M Monday early? :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]emailing fighting with my FI right now!!!! he thinks it is ok for one of his 'always late' friends and his wife to "just show up" if they decide to come to my FI's b-day party that i'm planning for the 23rd. it is a dress up, sit down dinner that i'm spending alot of time and money to plan. i NEED to know BEFORE he arrives if he and the wife are coming... how is that so difficult to understand!!!! and why does my FI think this behavior is acceptable?
    Posted by bridgetlb[/QUOTE]

My FI is like that. He keeps telling people "oh, the rehearsal is the 13th, but if you can't make it, don't worry about it" Ummm...if you keep telling people that, we won't have anyone there!!!

My FI doesn't like telling people they need to do something at/by a certain time. He was that way about telling the GM to get their measurements taken for the tuxes too. He told one guy on the phone "yeah, I'm sure it would be fine if you walked in there like 3 days before the wedding" Um, no. Not ok!  What if they don't have our color vest in his size and they have to order it from another store?!

Men....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I get the joy of having to work summer graduation :(

The only upside is that if I do it during summer, I don't have to do it in Fall or Spring.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    natalie - you are cracking me up!!! my FI is the same way - he hates to tell people what to do, or to tell them no, etc.....
    i told him - this WON'T work for the wedding. the reception is a plated dinner and they need to know a final head count by a certain time.
    3 days! that is so funny!
    men-!
  • Options
    msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_can-start-bm-monday-early?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:28d35734-5262-4b76-89ab-79e63ba7d8abPost:396fa8d8-a461-4b4e-a3ef-497f957ba335">Re: Can I start B&M Monday early? :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can I start B&M Monday early? :) : My FI is like that. He keeps telling people "oh, the rehearsal is the 13th, but if you can't make it, don't worry about it" Ummm...if you keep telling people that, we won't have anyone there!!! My FI doesn't like telling people they need to do something at/by a certain time. He was that way about telling the GM to get their measurements taken for the tuxes too. He told one guy on the phone "yeah, I'm sure it would be fine if you walked in there like 3 days before the wedding" Um, no. Not ok!  What if they don't have our color vest in his size and they have to order it from another store?! Men....
    Posted by NMac2010[/QUOTE]

Natalie, at least your FI has asked everyone to be in the wedding party... I'm still waiting on mine to ask everyone.  Yes, the ticker at the bottom saying 1 month, 2 days is correct.  He doesn't see the big deal in asking them early.  At least the ones he is planning on asking have already sent their RSVP's back as a yes.  sigh...
    Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards