Getting in Shape
Options

Slow cooker dinners

I've been doing well with my WW points during the day with lunch and snacks. But I'm struggling at dinner time with my FH. Oh, yeah. And I don't really cook. I think making something in the crock pot would be a option since we're both gone all day. Does anyone else do this? Or know of any good WW-friendly slow cooker recipes? Thanks :)

Slowww down, little ticker. Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket

Re: Slow cooker dinners

• Options
    I don't do weight watchers so I'm not sure what would be WW friendly.  But it seems like any lean cut of meat (chicken breasts, turkey breasts, lean pork like tenderloin) with broth and spices would be good for you served over a bed of brown rice with veges. 

One of my favorite crock pot recipes that is fairly healthy is:

4 chicken breast halves
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    1 cup low fat sour cream (optional)

You spray the crock pot with cooking spray.  Then place the chicken breasts in the pot.  Mix the two cream soups and pour the mixture over the chicken.  Cook on low for 7 1/2 hours.  Add sour cream.  Cook on low for 30 minutes more.  Serve on top of brown rice.  I usually do broccoli or green beans with this.  It is so easy and tastes great (the chicken is so tender!)
  • Options
    actually, i have a whole bunch of WW crockpot recipes that another WW girl on here sent me.  if you leave your email address on here, i can send them to you.
  • Options
    I don't do WW, but a chili, especially a vegetarian/bean chili is always good. Have with some baked tortilla chips. Yum!

I'm currently making a coconut-curry lentil dal in my crockpot. It is just lentils, veggie broth, coconut milk, curry powder, garam masala, 2 peeled and diced potatoes and finly minced onion and garlic. You just have to soak dry lentils for a day before you try to cook them.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I would love to have these recipes too if you wouldn't mind. TJandStephanie@bellsouth.net
  • Options
    I would love those recipes as well!
    landyandcourtney2010@gmail.com

oh and I swear by crock pot liners! They are usually at the store around the ziploc/sandwich bag stuff.

?Well-behaved women rarely make history.?

?PAL/PGAL Welcome!?

Untitled

?BFP #1~4.29.11 | Blighted Ovum DX~6.2.11 | D&C~6.9.11?

Dx Unicornuate Uterus 4.12

?BFP #2~10.12.12,EDD 6.27.13| 11.8.12 - no growth :(| natural m/c 11.25.12| D&C 2.8.13 ?

• Options
    hey joesgurl!
    yeah, i pop in on the accountability thread from time-to-time, but really, i'm not around too much. 

i'm still 5 lbs. up from where i was in august - i think i had gone a bit overboard in the last couple of months right before the wedding and i needed some time off to remember why i wanted to be healthy in the first place :)  i'm back on track again, watching what i'm eating and working out at least 4 times a week.

i'm glad you're still hanging around here!  there aren't too many people from before we got married that are still posting.  good luck with those 5 lbs. - you can definitely get back to where you were!
  • Options
    Hey yall, I'm not sure if anyone is still reading this post but if you are could you please forward those recipes to me? I need some more crock pot recipes.

jaguter@live.com

Thanks!
  • Options
    I'd love those recipes too if you don't mind!

epaigemccormick@gmail.com

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    Can you please send me those recipes too? Thanks so much!

kavc016 at aol dot com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    WW just came out with a slow-cooker cookbook. I think they're $10, but they're only available at WW locations.
  • Options
    My favorite healthy slow cooker recipe is salsa chicken - you just throw in chicken breasts, jar of salsa, can of black beans (and I like to add corn) and cook on low for 6 hours or so.  Serve over brown rice or with corn tortillas.  I like to add slices of avocado for serving too.
  • Options
    Thank you all so much! Huge help! I would LOVE the WW recipes if you don't mind. My email address is FarrahMJohnson@gmail.com

Thanks again for all the tips! These sound easy and very good!
    Slowww down, little ticker. Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    Could you add me on to this mailing list?? greenglassbottle at gmail dot com
    And I never even thought to look for crockpot liners! I'm so there.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards