Getting in Shape

6 Weeks Left - Wii Fit?

I bought a Wii Fit last night.
I know it's not a "heavy" workout, but I despise working out period so at least this will get me moving.
I've lost 20ibs since March loosly doing WW and I'm hoping w/ a lil help a few times a week from Wii Fit that I can lose a few more pounds in the 6 weeks I have left until the wedding.

Has anyone had any luck w/ Wii Fit?
Or was it a dumb purchase for getting active???
imageAnniversary

Re: 6 Weeks Left - Wii Fit?

• I think the Wii Fit is a good start for getting active.  I started off doing stuff on there and then moved to different things.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• I think if the Wii fit will make you more active, then it's a great purchase! :)

I have the EA Active, and love it to mix in with other workouts!

Good luck over this next 6 weeks :)
  • JenO24JenO24 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    I couldn't get into the Wii Active, FI bought it for me a year ago :-/
    imageAnniversary
  • My FI bought me Wii Fit a while back. I used it for a while, but got bored and frustrated with it. I didn't like having to stop and pick what I would do next and didn't  feel like it was much of a challenge (I have the first version, so it might have changed since then).

I got My Fitness Coach, for the Wii for Christmas and I love it. You do physical first, set your goals and then go! You focus on a different body part each time and you are continuously moving. Plus every time you use it, the work out changes so you don't get bored.  
  • I didn't like it at all, I felt like I was mostly just standing around.  but, if you're not that active, it's a good start.  Personally, I think you'd be better off going for a long walk.  
  • wii fit is a really good thing just to do every day to stay active. my issue with it was not enough arm activity. i found the website hundred pushups (it's hundredpushups.com), and its a six week program (perfect for you!!) it really helped tone up my arms really quick, even by the end of the first week! 

good luck and congrats :) 
  • thanks ladies :)
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards