Getting in Shape
Options

What do you eat for breakfast?

I usually only lurk on this board but I need some help. I recently started a new job and tend to eat breakfast on the run now. I am lactose intolerant and idea some ideas for a fast and healthy breakfast. Any suggestions you would have would be great. TIA!

Re: What do you eat for breakfast?

• Options
    I tend to get really hungry in the beginning of the day and I'm lactose intolerant too.  This gets me going during the week- trader joe's steelcut oatmeal, to which I sprinkle cinnamon and an ounce of walnuts on top.  walnuts keep me full, and so do the oats, and the oatmeal itself is a combo of low fat, low cal & filling.  Instead of putting brown sugar on top, i sprinkle apple pie spice or cinnamon on top.  Similar addition, but the better options will help you keep the weight off.  I always get hungry before lunch, so I pack fruit everyday and eat that about 10:30.  

Whatever you do, don't skip breakfast and remember- portion control!  Eating larger amounts of fruit & veggies when you're feeling munchie and a portion controlled breakfast to start the day works for me.  The frozed portions of the trader joe's oats are perfect and they take less than 5 min.  On the run you can take it in a mug in the car.  Good luck!  
  • Options
    Oatmeal is always a great option, if you are short on time, I recommend making a fruit and yogurt smoothie (use Activia yogurt, I am lactose intolerant as well and this doesn't bother me) and add some Benefibre powder to it to help keep you full. Its a great way to get 2 fruit servings in early in the day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_eat-breakfast?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:46e8a1ad-94ac-494f-9495-a26e5cda3626Post:32a06971-289c-4bc3-b513-4a93b696cd59">Re: What do you eat for breakfast?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I tend to get really hungry in the beginning of the day and I'm lactose intolerant too.  This gets me going during the week- trader joe's steelcut oatmeal, to which I sprinkle cinnamon and an ounce of walnuts on top.  walnuts keep me full, and so do the oats, and the oatmeal itself is a combo of low fat, low cal & filling. 
    Posted by Aliemeow[/QUOTE]
    This is basically exactly what my breakfast is.  It is honestly so filling, that I can only eat half a serving (1/4 cup).  I love adding walnuts to it!  Some days, I add apple chunks.

I have made a Waldorf salad and used oatmeal instead of mayo (Basically apples, celery, walnuts, and dates).  I'll put it in the fridge, and it can take me a few days to eat.  Because oatmeal is SO filling, I don't stuff myself... anyway, small tangent... but you can bring some for breakfast!
  • Options
    I never post here.... but I thought I would this time.

I eat a Kashi GoLean Crunchy Bar... Peanut Butter & Chocolate is my favorite. 

I usually eat that while I'm driving to work (7:30) and then have coffee at my desk.  I'm usually not hungry at all until 12:30 or so.
    I like dogs, but not to eat
    Photobucket

10-10-10 here we come!

Anniversary

Kelly's BIO-Hazard

• Options
    I usually bring a bag of fresh fruit (usually grapes) about half a cup, and then I eat either oatmeal (I have quaker oats fiber oatmeal) and I also eat shredded mini wheats. Those are a great source of fiber and you can put them in a sanwich baggie and eat on the go :) I eat right when I get into work at 7 30, I have the ceral first, and then about 10 I have the grapes. Or sometimes I eat it all at once if I'm super hungry :) Hope that helps you, good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards