Getting in Shape
Options

Eating for Abs to show through

I am trying to find the best combination to get by abs to show through. I know they are  there - I can feel them but unfortuantly I have a baby pouch that just doesn't seem to want to come off. Since I started working out I can see some change, I no longer have lip on my stomach(you know the part that hangs over).

I've been workingout hard but my diet has suffered. I don't eat and when I do I don't eat the best. Thoughts ladies on how to improve. If I followed the eating plan I set out on then I think the belly fat would come off a lot faster but the last 2 weeks I'be been following the see junk and eat it diet.

TIA

Re: Eating for Abs to show through

• Options
    Have you tried Jillian Michaels' book called "Making the Cut"? Might help you lose those last few inches.
  • Options
    Ditto PP.  That is a great book.  It has a survey at the beginning to measure how your body breaks down the food you consume, and how it impacts you, and then gives you recipes based on the results.
  • Options
    Firstly you need to combine your stomach exercises with cardio, since cardio burns fat which is what is hiding those lovely ab muscles.

Try doing cardio interval training which burns more calories, eat a diet that is high in lean protein and low in fat and sugar.  Try and avoid processed carbs (bread, pasta etc) after 7pm to make sure your body is fully digesting them before you go to sleep.

Dancing is a fantastic way of toning the stomach, apparently tango & salsa work especially well.

Cut out carbonated drinks and alcohol for the next few weeks.

GL x
  • Options
    I don't want to discourage you, because eating healthy is awesome no matter if it gives you a 6-pack or not, but a lot of the way your belly looks depends on genetics.  Even when I was underweight for my height, I never had a flat belly.  It just isn't in the cards for me.  I can tone up, slim down, and be perfectly healthy, but my abs will never look good.  I've accepted this about myself since it's something I can't change.  So GL with it, but don't be too hard on yourself if you never have movie star abs.  I'm sure the rest of your body looks awesome!
  • Options
    I remember when I was at my lowest to get that little bit of pouch down I did no refined carb, low sugar, no alcohol, low sodium and very high protein for a week.  It was difficult but gave me a drop of 3 pounds and had the effect I wanted for bikinis in hawaii.  It is not at all sustainable though, so I'm not even sure why i'm recommending it.
  • Options
    Actually no refined carb, low sugar, no alcohol, low sodium, high protein is the basis for a GREAT diet. That's how I want to eat... but it doesn't always work out. I try to stick to just wine for my alcohol (it's still alcohol but I don't feel so bad about it haha.)

You have to get your body fat % under 17%, more like to 14% to have visible abs.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards