Getting in Shape

HCG diet or whatever it is...

What do you guys know about these drops? I was thinking about picking up a diff multivitamin and stopped a local "health" store and when I went in I heard the worker raving about this product! I wanted to scream because she's saying its typical to lose 20lbs in 1 week! Then I went to work today and I was poking fun at the diet only to discover one of my co-workers is doing this... she's lost over 30lbs in 2 weeks! It makes me suck that people would do things like this and believe that it's heatlhy!! UGGG
Sorry Just needed to vent!

Re: HCG diet or whatever it is...

• Yeah, that is not healthy! I haven't heard of this.
  • 30 lbs in 2 weeks?!? Thats insane.
  • I know, I'm listening to them and just getting so ANGRY! It's like... you ever think that the woman at the store is saying they are perfectly safe to... uhh... I donno... MAKE A SALE!?
  • Sign me up! Just kidding!  I'm pretty sure I would have to lose a limb to lose that much weight in two weeks.  I've never heard of this one before.  Is a "diet" that uses the pregnancy hormone?
    Photobucket
  • they are a drop that you put under your tongue at every meal and then consume 400 cals a day for the first 40 days...
  • That "diet" is rediculous.

Here's a good blog post that sums up the crazy:
    http://bretcontreras.wordpress.com/2010/10/18/abc-ask-bret-contreras-hcg-diet/
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yea this "diet" is hoax. It is so unhealthy. It is good for a quick fix but then once it is over people end up gaining the weight right back. Its not realistic for a person to live on 500 calories a day. The best way to lose weight is eating right and exercise.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm doing the HCG diet and it is actually completely healthy. Alot of people make the mistake of buying the product online or from health stores and have no idea what they are doing. HCG is a hormone that the female body produces. It is impossible for anyone to lose 20lbs in a week on the hcg. You can lose 20-30lbs in 6 weeks. My first week I lost 8lbs. Also, if you are considering HCG then go to a physician and hav them put you on the diet because you are suppose to qualify for it.
  • also you do not regain the weight back. My mother did the HCG diet and dropped 70lbs over a course of 24 weeks and that was 2 years ago. She has not picked up any of her weight. It is a lifestyle change and if you dont do that then you will gain the weight back if you eat completely unhealthy everyday. There are two calorie diets you can do depending on your height and weight. You can do the 500-800 calorie diet or the 900-1200 calorie diet.
  • that is incorrect. There are two ways of doing it: you can do the sublingual drops or you can do the injections. The drops are to be done twice a day and the injections once a day. HCG does not have a 400 calorie plan. That is too low
  • I still fail to see how no exercise, eating so few calories and putting drops under your tongue (or  paying a ton of $$ for injections) is a lifestyle change... I take that back... a HEALTHY life style change.  

If dr's know about all of this and it's so healthy, then why are we such an obsease nation? 

I've never heard of a dr prescribing anything like this... and in fact the women I know who are doing it said their dr's don't encourage it. They are hungry constantly, and completely MISERABLE with the limited things they are allowed to eat. 
  • ::pats LindsayB on the back:: Please stick around, you have a good, sane head on your shoulders!
  • Thanks Raynes. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go eat my clean eating (dark chocolate pumpkin) brownie and still feel good about myself!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_hcg-diet-whatever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:4b4b3d18-6f9e-4d6a-a22a-0a043237c69ePost:7073e34e-3ab4-46e8-a35f-eab5c37a68ef">Re: HCG diet or whatever it is...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Raynes. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go eat my clean eating (dark chocolate pumpkin) brownie and still feel good about myself!
    Posted by LindsayB2217[/QUOTE]

Recipe?  That sounds very tasty.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_hcg-diet-whatever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:4b4b3d18-6f9e-4d6a-a22a-0a043237c69ePost:400d436a-c5df-45fe-bdb4-a4b5411697ff">Re: HCG diet or whatever it is...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I must say i recently started the HCG diet and i am taking the nasal spray yes provided by my doctor did a physical and labs before i started and i started sunday and today is wednesday night. I am very picky when it comes to eating but i have lost 5 ibs so far. The nasal spray is a spray in each nostril in the AM upon waking up. My mother is doing the shots and is having the same progress and my father is doing the Nasal and is loosing as well. I was very skeptical at first and it is hard to go at it alone so my fiancee is going to start it friday to do it with me. I do not enjoy the very few selections of food available but it is shown to be worth it. Mine is a 26 day plan and you are able to loose inches and not just the weight. If you do the diet right the product takes away from your fatty fat and  not you muscle. But if done wrong or you cheat you will start to loose your muscle which is not a good thing. But i am enjoying seeing the weight coming off and still continue to walk my dog 2 miles a day. This is a good way to get yourself back on track to healthy eating and you do gain the weight back if you eat the junk like before the diet. So to the curious minds i would recommend it but if you are uncomfortable with it then say no and just continue with proper diet and exercise. Everyone has there own preference. I hope some of my input could help or clear up questions. Anymore questions my mother does work for the HCG company i would be glad to try and help. Have a good night ladies
    Posted by bnscott1[/QUOTE]

No no no no no no no!!

The HCG is not doing anything.  The reason that you're losing (one "o") weight is because you're eating an absurdly low number of calories, that you are admittedly getting from food you don't even like.

<u><a href="http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1365103/pdf/brjclinpharm00004-0042.pdf" target="_blank">This study</a></u> found this:
    <em>
    We conclude that there is no scientific evidence that HCG causes weight-loss, a redistribution of fat, staves off hunger or induces a feeling of well-being.</em>

The HCG isn't causing your body to lose the "fatty fat".  Weight loss without exercise, specifically without weight/resistance training, is a surefire way to lose muscle tissue right alongside any fat.  THEN, when you start eating a normal number of calories, or go back to old habits, you only gain back fat.  That's called yo-yo dieting.  Even though you might end up at the same weight as before, you will have a higher percentage of body fat.

HCG is not a smart idea.  At all.  Please, stop pandering it here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards