Getting in Shape
Options

Ankles Hurting

I have been doing the 30 Day Shred lately.  I did it once before and had no problems.  Now that I am going through it again, I have found that both of my ankles are really hurting.  It even hurts to do the jumping jacks.  Could it be because they aren't properly stretched out or am I landing on them wrong?  It's just hard to know.  I tried taking a day off to see if they would get better, but they still hurt.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

Re: Ankles Hurting

• Options
    Definitely make sure you are landing on your toes. Otherwise you could be straining your joints. Icing your ankles would help. Also, if your shoes are old they might not be giving you the support you need.
    Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    I was thinkng that it may be your shoes. 
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ok, I will definitely look into getting new shoes.  Thanks!  I didn't even think about that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    are you wearing shoes during the workout? and what kind of surface are you on when you do the tape? sometimes that can stress your joints - make sure you're wearing good shoes and aren't on a really hard surface like concrete without a mat over it.

before you begin the workout, try doing some basic ankle rolls (like the knee and hip rolls that jillian does in the warmup, but obviously you have to pick your leg up to do them or sit down lol) and you can also flex your feet backwards and forwards to stretch the ankles. hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards