Getting in Shape
Options

I hate my scale - VENTING

I keep saying I'm going to stop weighing myself, but I can't help it.

How is it that I eat quite healthy, exercise 5 days a week, and gain 4 lbs from one week to the next?! Yes I know... I'm building muscle. Plus I was feeling bloated. But still, I want those numbers to go down! And keep going down!

I should just throw out my scale....

I got measured at the gym yesterday and have lost 11.3 lbs of fat, and gained a couple lbs of muscle. I've lost inches too, so I am progressing. But that damn scale... Why does it taunt me?!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I hate my scale - VENTING

• Options
    go Office Space on the scale.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_hate-scale-venting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:5f7fee0d-efee-4d29-98bc-9f93e3a2c5a6Post:0e7594d8-045c-4266-a33f-78387e334d11">Re: I hate my scale - VENTING</a>:
    [QUOTE]go Office Space on the scale.
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]

LOL thanks for making me laugh!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have studied nutrition and have helped others get in shape.  The most noticeable thin with my clients is weight gain when they workout.  It is sooooooo typical to gain muscle weight when u are working out.  You may even find your clothes fitting tighter.  But after a couple months your body will chnage and then you will start to really lose the weight you want.  So don't get down!  11 pounds is awesome!
  • Options
    ::sings to self:: Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

Read this article:
    http://www.naturalphysiques.com/cms/index.php?itemid=87

It might help you feel a bit better.  Also, start taking measurements onece a month or so, that might help too!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hey, wouldn't you rather be losing inches and looking better overall than have the numbers go down? I know how you feel though, and it sucks. Do you keep your scale in the bathroom near your shower? I used to and it was so inaccurate over time I think because it got wet from the shower. Now I have a new scale that I keep outside of the bathroom (under my bed) and it works very well.
  • Options
    ditto everyone else - it's better to be dropping fat and putting muscle on (which btw you're getting wonderful results!) than to see a drop on the scale. i'd rather have that than be losing pounds on the scale and not feel it in my clothes or see it in the mirror. eventually though, it will catch up, and you'll see a difference in the numbers. just don't get too caught up in it, because you're doing fine!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards