Getting in Shape
Options

Advice

Hey Ladies....
I need some advice on kicking things up!!! I am 5'3" 158lbs...I have been eating about 1400-1425 calories a day. I do cardio kickboxing 3x a week and a kettlebell toning class once a week...
I have hit a plateau....The scale is not budging! I don't eat much in the way of carbs and sugar and I don't drink....ugh! I want to lose 10lbs by Aug 1st....and maintain that until the wedding in November.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Advice

• Options
    Keep up the good work.  FYI be careful with the kettlebell.  I started a class and 3 weeks later tore my shoulder.  Apparently I went with my arms not my hips one time and now am in pain.
  • Options
    ooohhh ouch!!! Thanks for the warning...hope you feel better
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    You may be eating too little.

It's likely that you're burning more than 200-225 calories in a workout, which would bring your below the 1200 net calorie minimum that your body needs to function best.

I know it sounds weird, but try increasing your daily calories to somewhere closer to 1600-1800 (on days you're working out).  If you're feeding your body too little it thinkgs that you're literally starving, and works to hold on to the fat, because it doesn't know when it will get food again, effectively slowing down your metabolism.

Try it for a week or two, and see what happens!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It sounds like you're doing really well, but your body may just need a change.  Try adding in cardio like running before your kickboxing class.  Some of the ladies on this board swear by HIIT (high intensity interval training) where you increase and decrease your speed in short intervals to get your heart rate changing.

I have two kettlebells, and I generally like them, but I feel limited when I work out with them alone.  I understand the full body motions and how it works out multiple areas, but I'm just not sold.  I like working on one body part at a time, and doing circuit training if I want to maximize my workout.

You could also try the 100 squat challenge, 100 push up challenge or 200 sit up challenge in addition to your current exercises.  These can be done at home, using just your body weight.  If you can find some extra time in your day, I recommend doing them.
  • Options
    WOW thanks guys--some great suggestions!! I'll keep you posted!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards