Getting in Shape
Options

weight watchers

any other brides also doing weight watchers? any successes?

Re: weight watchers

• Options
    I am. I have lost 20 lbs so far. I stopped tracking and gained some weight but getting back on track.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    There's a daily accountability thread for those on WW. Come join us! I've done WW off and on throughout the years. I finally decided enough was enough once I got engaged and started up for the last time. :) Since September I've lost 42 lbs.
  • Options
    I did it in 2005, and lost 40lbs (gained 60 back while off the program and then dating my ex and then my FI) and we're doing it again and I lost 12lbs, but now am struggling to lose more....I need to get back on it.  Both my FI and I are doing it together, but we fell off the wagon...wedding's in 27 days (!) and honeymoon a week after that....must lose more weight! :(
  • Options
    Just started!  Technically, since the end of Feb, but I didn't really start tracking until a few weeks ago.  I'm down 4 pounds in about 4 weeks.  I feel far healthier than only 4 pounds though!
  • Options
    I did weight watchers a long time ago. It worked in a way. I lost 10 pounds!! (I only wanted to lose a maximum of 20.) But I was starving the whole time. When I stopped I slowly gained almost it all back. I like to argue that I did maintain a loss of 3 pounds, but probably not so much. The thing with weight watchers is you basically have to keep doing it all your life. The changes are too big and too quick to stay implemented once you stop.
  • Options
    I have been doing weight watchers since October (before I was even engaged) and I have lost 30 lbs.  I only have a few pounds more until my goal.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_weight-watchers-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:6570795a-0eee-4563-9b62-89420d2889f4Post:a4a70ff1-e036-437c-9c4d-38431f1489e6">Re: weight watchers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did weight watchers a long time ago. It worked in a way. I lost 10 pounds!! (I only wanted to lose a maximum of 20.) But I was starving the whole time. When I stopped I slowly gained almost it all back. I like to argue that I did maintain a loss of 3 pounds, but probably not so much. <strong>The thing with weight watchers is you basically have to keep doing it all your life</strong>. The changes are too big and too quick to stay implemented once you stop.
    Posted by futurebride32[/QUOTE]

But that's really the point of losing weight....it really needs to be a lifetime change or you'll just gain it back.  You don't have to continue counting points and everything forever, but by the time you reach your goal you should know what you can eat and how to eat properly.  That's exactly what happened to me.  I stopped maintaining and started gaining and now I have to do it all over again.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_weight-watchers-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:6570795a-0eee-4563-9b62-89420d2889f4Post:a4a70ff1-e036-437c-9c4d-38431f1489e6">Re: weight watchers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did weight watchers a long time ago. It worked in a way. I lost 10 pounds!! (I only wanted to lose a maximum of 20.) But <strong>I was starving the whole time</strong>. When I stopped I slowly gained almost it all back. I like to argue that I did maintain a loss of 3 pounds, but probably not so much. <strong>The thing with weight watchers is you basically have to keep doing it all your life. The changes are too big and too quick to stay implemented once you stop.</strong>
    Posted by futurebride32[/QUOTE]

<div>I completely disagree.  If you really were starving the whole time, you were doing something wrong... I usually have a hard time eating all of my points worth every day, because I make sure to use them wisely (i.e. eat healthy foods.) </div><div>
    </div><div>The "changes" are basically eating healthy.   Sure, if you're eating fast food and ice cream for every meal, then yes, you will have big changes.  But you need it anyway.  I've actually stuck with WW because there weren't huge changes.  The plan allows for flexibility.  </div><div>
    </div><div> In fact, our leader encouraged us all to eat ice cream last week.... one of the girls was talking about how she missed ice cream (it was our first week of REALLY nice weather).  The leader said "so, why don't you get some? just make sure you don't eat the whole bucket and you don't get it every day."  It super-simplifies everything, so you don't have to count specific calories, etc.  
    <div>
    </div></div>
  • Options
    I am doing WW.  I started at the end of December and I just reached my goal weight on Friday -- a total loss of 27 pounds. 

The PP who said she was hungry all the time must not have been using her points in a smart way.  I was very hungry the first week since I was getting used to less food, but that isn't the case after that.  In fact, some days I feel like I've eaten so much food and I go back and recount my points to make sure I didn't miss anything!

Its not "easy" because you definitely have to make sacrafices and make changes to your lifestyle, but I stuck to the program and the weight came off faster than I was expecting.

The weight loss is definitely sustainable if you carry your eating habits forward even after you've lost the weight.  If you go back to eating whatever you want, of course you'll gain the weight back!!  WW has helped to teach me about portion sizes, which foods are healthy, which foods I should skip, etc etc etc.  Even now that I've lost the weight, I am still practicing WW on my own.  I have increased my daily points so I can maintain my current weight (versus continuing to lose). 

I may be biased, but I think that WW is the best (and healthiest) way to lose weight.  You can eat whatever you want, as long as you plan accordingly, so you never get cravings for things you can't have.  Also, it is flexible and you never have to be that person that goes out to dinner or to a party and can't find something to eat cause you're "on a diet."
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards